• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Annoying crap the CA/FO does

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Come to think of it, I don't even know that the hell a wombat even looks like.

wombat.jpg

The captain accepting an altitude clearance in two minutes the aircraft is too heavy to comply with, I state (before the captain accepts the clearance) it cannot be done, taking control from me, and then finding themselves three thousand feet short of the altitude at the time requirement, then ATC having to issue an immediate turn because of a conflict, throwing the airplane into a 33 degree banked turn at FL320 just above stall speed (well the Airbus equivalent), resulting in a 1000fpm descent and a further traffic conflict that results in a 25 mile back track to get sorted out only to tell me it was my fault.

Not that I am bitter or anything.

Last edited:
LOL, of course not! As I mentioned, in most cases it really isn't the FO's fault-it's what they were conditioned to do by other guys...

Exactly. So many CAs go for the gust lock, that when you see them reaching to put the hydraulic pump into override for nose-wheel steering, you think they want to lock it up and proceed to grab the gust lock.

How about the ones that "studied" for a checkride and about a third of the way through you realize they never cracked a book.

What if the Captain is a hot chick? Would her chat be more of thy liking... perhaps?

I like it when my Captain get pissed at me and threatens not to let me fly any more legs. I tell him "Go ahead, I still get paid the same weather I fly or not!."

Latest resources

Back