• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anheuser Busch

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Also love to know where you can get a "top of the line beauty" 7X for $40mil.

And agree...the book is a pretty good read.

When Dassault first introduced the 7X, in fact the name had yet to be decided on, the early buyers could lock in a price in that range*. We placed a deposit on, I believe, serial number 11. We had just bought a 900EX at the time.

Course, then the boss lost a ton of money, we sold the 900EX and used the deposit on the 7X to buy a new 50EX.

* To be honest, I really cannot remember the actual price, as it was a long time ago. However, it was not near $50 million USD.

When Dassault first introduced the 7X, in fact the name had yet to be decided on, the early buyers could lock in a price in that range*. We placed a deposit on, I believe, serial number 11. We had just bought a 900EX at the time.

Course, then the boss lost a ton of money, we sold the 900EX and used the deposit on the 7X to buy a new 50EX.

* To be honest, I really cannot remember the actual price, as it was a long time ago. However, it was not near $50 million USD.

There were a lot of variables in those "lock in" figures....much of it depended on delivery time and number of aircraft ordered. Dassault was cutting no real bargains on 7Xs - even to the most loyal buyers...They stuck to their "market preservation" strategy during the fall and it seems to have worked....I have heard Falcon owners say this is a large reason is why they stick with Dassault when it comes to investing in a new corporate jet.

Whatever works!

Last edited:
yeah, likely...even right now $50mil seems to be the number...I'd consider picking one up myself for the bargain price of 40..:)

Chump Change for you, huh?? Some of us smaller bargain hunters are still in the 20's range.;)

Chump Change for you, huh?? Some of us smaller bargain hunters are still in the 20's range.;)

Don't be in a rush son....you are getting there. Remember, people get hurt when they take the training wheels off too soon.

:)

Im not flying for the next month, but will be in the NJ area for school and a few other Dassualt events so if you wind up sitting in TEB get in touch!

Im not flying for the next month, but will be in the NJ area for school and a few other Dassualt events so if you wind up sitting in TEB get in touch!

I may be in the Morristown area for a couple of days at the end of Feb. Does that count?

TC

I may be in the Morristown area for a couple of days at the end of Feb. Does that count?

TC

Thats where I have to go to school these days! - get in touch when you know when you will be around..

Thats where I have to go to school these days! - get in touch when you know when you will be around..

Deal. At a minimum, I'll be up there for a couple days of differences. Maybe the whole week.

I'll let you know what the schedule looks like.

TC

Don't forget to wear your Crocs punk! I showed Ricer my new pair last week and boy was he jealous!!!

Deal. At a minimum, I'll be up there for a couple days of differences. Maybe the whole week.

I'll let you know what the schedule looks like.

TC

Differences? What are you up to TC?

Latest resources

Back