Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Angry with ASA? Fill out a comment card!...err...a window shade!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Try as you may, there is a bigger cultural phenomenon at work in tha ATL. Regardless of the situation (weather, maintenance, scheduling, etc.) the gate agents on C and D will ALWAYS mention they are waiting on "your crew" or "the captain" to call ready to board.

Never mind you're out holding over FLCON and about to divert.

Not so much a cultural phenomenon as it is a lack of information and the statements being taken out of context by anxious travelers. Having been one of those agents years ago, I can assure you that the statement was used then and is still used to this day. Most of the time it is given to inform the passengers that is what the agent is waiting for and not the "cause" of the delay. Passengers take this out of context (sometimes) and blame the crew. However, the agents often find out about key factors of their flights well after the fact. The flow of information is speeding up with new technologies. Let's hope it continues to improve.

Give me a break. I don't read about the call to arms when pilots deface the cockpit with stickers and graffiti. Next you'll start complaining when the pax start to tape nude pics for others to find on the window shades.

I think destruction of private property is a little above stickers or graffiti. The cost of repair is much higher and if someone slashed your tires you would want some restitution, right?

how do you know he ripped off the shade - maybe it fell off or was torn by someone else. I had a shade come off/pull out of the tracks several years ago.

Because a rational human being would have reported the damage instead of being a total idiot by writing his consumer complaint on it. I think the evidence is pretty clear here (although circumstantial). I'm sure you took the time to write your complaints or compliments on the shade when it fell into your hands, right?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back