Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Angry with ASA? Fill out a comment card!...err...a window shade!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

damnflyboy

While stowing my suitcase, I came upon a rolled up piece of plastic on seat 8-D. It was a window shade ripped from its proper place of function. A passenger apparently became SO angry that his ASA flight was late, he decided to reach for the closest piece of...airplane...and write his feelings all over it. He wrote:

"RATHER WALK
ONLY 4 HRS LATE"

And then he signed his name right below his comments. When Brad Holt finds out who did this to ship 871, a passenger will receive a football in the face. Hilarity will ensue shortly thereafter. Discuss!

While stowing my suitcase, I came upon a rolled up piece of plastic on seat 8-D. It was a window shade ripped from its proper place of function. A passenger apparently became SO angry that his ASA flight was late, he decided to reach for the closest piece of...airplane...and write his feelings all over it. He wrote:

"RATHER WALK
ONLY 4 HRS LATE"

And then he signed his name right below his comments. When Brad Holt finds out who did this to ship 871, a passenger will receive a football in the face. Hilarity will ensue shortly thereafter. Discuss!

In the past, the way ASA has treated people has been horribly embarrassing. I have no problem sympathizing for our past behavior towards our passengers.

That being said, I'm assuming this time this particular pax was late due to weather. It's amazing how frustrated and misdirected anger can be when dealing with the t-storms. I would say, in most cases, especially since about Feb, most of our delays are due to wx or ATC. Can't help wx or Center, but we can try to be as accomodating as we can when we divert, or are late. It's been my experience that the more I inform the passengers of exactly what's going on, the more understanding they are. Someone will always get belligerent, but there's nothing you can do for that individual.

It's gonna take awhile to get any trust back from our passengers. Especially who haven't flown us lately. We are a completely different airline then we used to be 6 months ago, and that can only be proven with solid performance some good customer service. Something our passengers are not familiar with in the past!

Trojan

"RATHER WALK
ONLY 4 HRS LATE"

Well, he spells ok, but he just doesn't write in complete sentences. Maybe someone should grade his work with a "red pencil" and mail it to him! Was his first name Forrest?

It's been my experience that the more I inform the passengers of exactly what's going on, the more understanding they are. Someone will always get belligerent, but there's nothing you can do for that individual.
Trojan

Try as you may, there is a bigger cultural phenomenon at work in tha ATL. Regardless of the situation (weather, maintenance, scheduling, etc.) the gate agents on C and D will ALWAYS mention they are waiting on "your crew" or "the captain" to call ready to board.

Never mind you're out holding over FLCON and about to divert.

"RATHER WALK
ONLY 4 HRS LATE"

LOL, you don't know BH very well. A football to the face not only isn't his style, but also too tame by half.

Try as you may, there is a bigger cultural phenomenon at work in tha ATL. Regardless of the situation (weather, maintenance, scheduling, etc.) the gate agents on C and D will ALWAYS mention they are waiting on "your crew" or "the captain" to call ready to board.

Never mind you're out holding over FLCON and about to divert.

Which is why a thorough, face-to-face PA after ALL passengers have boarded and sat down is important in an instance like this.

All of their pent up aggression is directed away from the flight crew, both cockpit and cabin, once they understand the situation and SEE someone explain it to them.

That goes for 95% of pax I think. There are always a few nitwits, and nobody cares about them.

"RATHER WALK
ONLY 4 HRS LATE"

I would seem to think that since he signed his name the police should be notified as well as the Feds. This guy should be at least charged with vandalism...not sure what it could fall under among federal regulations but I am sure there is something that can be trumped up.

"RATHER WALK
ONLY 4 HOURS LATE"

Hmm, take mesa you would walk. Why?
Because they suck!!!
Oh ya, Mesa sucks!!!!!!!!!!:uzi:
:puke:

Last edited:
Give me a break. I don't read about the call to arms when pilots deface the cockpit with stickers and graffiti. Next you'll start complaining when the pax start to tape nude pics for others to find on the window shades.

Latest resources

Back