• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Android logbooks?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
For those of you that keep an electronic, do you still keeo up with a paper logbook also?

I use LogTen Pro because everything in my house is apple, but it's probably the same for everyone when it comes to the paper side. I have all my old originals, but have a printed version thats really clean from the program. LogTen is also soon to have the ability to add signatures and all that just by signing the screen of your device, so that will become all inclusive then, and will sync through the cloud in theory.

I think i'll always keep a printed copy just to be safe untill interviewers start just asking for you tablet with your logbook on it....

I just used the Android LBP app on one trip and didn't utilize the schedule import function but I found it to be very clumsy. Every leg I had to reenter all the info like Trip number and Crew. It did save the city and ship number. It took me about 1-2 minutes to enter each leg, as opposed to APDL which took about 5 seconds.

When the trip was over I synced it and it didn't sync trip number, flight number and crew names like APDL.

Seemed leagues behind APDL but maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT: Just found the options to sync trip number, flight number and names in options. Maybe I'll give it another try with the sync option.

EDIT #2: Holy Christ. Schedule importer is $120 for 2 years.

Last edited:
I just used the Android LBP app on one trip and didn't utilize the schedule import function but I found it to be very clumsy. Every leg I had to reenter all the info like Trip number and Crew. It did save the city and ship number. It took me about 1-2 minutes to enter each leg, as opposed to APDL which took about 5 seconds.

When the trip was over I synced it and it didn't sync trip number, flight number and crew names like APDL.

Seemed leagues behind APDL but maybe I'm missing something.

EDIT: Just found the options to sync trip number, flight number and names in options. Maybe I'll give it another try with the sync option.

EDIT #2: Holy Christ. Schedule importer is $120 for 2 years.

I personally have no need for the schedule importer since logging trips by hand in and android app is much easier and faster than apdl

I log my legs by the day and add each leg's flight time into the time calculator, which totals it up after Im done for the day and I copy that into the duration. We swap planes so much I don't bother with tail numbers. Personally I don't see a reason for putting trip number or crew members names into logbook. Any think important comes up I can get that info off my sked on the company site.

Check out http://logbooksolutions.com/photo-gallery.html

They sell leather logbook binders and paper and have a printing service.

Uses US Letter paper in landscape format. Looks cool, no rings are used so it looks like a normal logbook. Cheaper than logbookpro's binders and paper.

Works with any logbook software or spreadsheet. You just need a one inch minimum spine side margin. Green paper available too.

Latest resources

Back