• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Like I've been saying, furloughs are coming. They're just trying to reglaze the terd over and over again before they feed it to you. It was they're plan all along.

Like I've been saying, furloughs are coming. They're just trying to reglaze the terd over and over again before they feed it to you. It was they're plan all along.

I can tell you it wasn't. This economy is killing us. I agree that we will see some sort of job loss out of this. Not much probably about what you guys at CAL have. (ALL IMHO)

Acl,

This is what I wrote on 2-14-09:

"
Sorry to be a downer. BUT, minimum 10%(1200) more likely 15%-20% starting within the next 9-12 months. "

I hope for the sake of all of us, especially the guys who have already been furloughed once, and some twice, that the numbers are closer to yours than mine.

I can tell you it wasn't. This economy is killing us. I agree that we will see some sort of job loss out of this. Not much probably about what you guys at CAL have. (ALL IMHO)

Acl,

"
Sorry to be a downer. BUT, minimum 10%(1200) more likely 15%-20% starting within the next 9-12 months. "

I hope for the sake of all of us, especially the guys who have already been furloughed once, and some twice, that the numbers are closer to yours than mine.

The real irony is that the majority of the cuts are from the DAL -S side, yet, to be sure, the DAL-n will suffer too. Funny how during the SLI it was "DAL is growing, NWA is shrinking" while actually the opposite has been true. I want a do over!

Hoping for no furloughs

Acl,

"

What about those of us that have taken a ride on the furlough train 3 times now?

ACL65pilot, why the smartass comment? I thought we were past this. Yes, the economy is killing all of us, I agree. But when are we going to get past this attitude of my airline is better than yours? I'm determined to re-wired your central core processor that I know Delta does when they hired you. You've got to tell me, is the "Collective" in Peachtree City? Maybe I should be saying, "000011100110011100110011111000010100". That's saying FURLOUGHS ARE COMING AND I TOLD YOU SO. As far as your smartass comment about CAL, this POS airline has always run their ship on a razor thin staffing model. So I doubt it. Problem at Delta is that you've got over 12,000 pilots!!!! You even said that you're 400 pilots fat, so 10 percent reduction.......you do the math!! Maybe you guys can expand in Africa more. "It's a gold mind" rings a bell.

Redtail,

Just because the announced cuts appear to all be on the south side, stay tuned for the parking of the 400s and shifting of 777s to the north along with a reduction in 330 flying and a shift to 76s on those routes. One more thing. Look for this to happen PRIOR TO soc.

The real irony is that the majority of the cuts are from the DAL -S side, yet, to be sure, the DAL-n will suffer too. Funny how during the SLI it was "DAL is growing, NWA is shrinking" while actually the opposite has been true. I want a do over!

Hoping for no furloughs

Latest resources

Back