Anderson to align capacity with demand

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Detoilet320=:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Oh, and detoilet. You're welcome for the better eqp, pay raises, bases, and overall QOL.
Now hold that skirt down, the wind must be really knocking at your back door. Time for a panty change!:laugh:

Last edited:
=nwaredtail;1833567][
It means instead of holding 330,747,777 Int'l Captain for our last ten years, 320 or 757/767 junior Captain is the best we could hold, while the reverse is true for the DAL folks. Sounds like a win for your former side. Funny how this little tidbit gets glossed over by pilots who think NWA guys did better, GMAFB.
Ok,OK I give up, we "won" on the seniority list...does that make you feel better? No glossing over it, in fact we stomped your a$$es on the seniority list...feeling even better? Anticipating a DOH merger, I can't imagine the gallons of drool generated as you voted overwhelmingly 87% for the merger.....but would loved to have seen the look in your eye as that celebratory, slobber-soaked cigar exploded in your face on Dec. 8, 2008.

Ummm, there has to be an opening on that seat and now there will be between 500-1000 more DAL pilots ahead of each NWA pilot bidding for that seat. Nice try though.
OK, OK..we were just trying to make you feel better! Yes, yes..there's hundreds and hundreds...even thousands of DAL guys younger and more senior than you who will forever block you from enjoying "premium" WB positions...I can't ignore reality any longer....You're right and I'm wrong, and in humiliating defeat, I extend an olive branch to you..can't we be friends now?

2500 NWA pilots lost their promised pension and the targeted DC plan was an attempt to get them near 50% (not 60% like the senior NWA pilots). It goes away now in exchange for 14%. A moot point. It has nothing to do will DAL S pilots. (hint, the world doesn't revolve around licorice boy)
OK, sorry, didn't mean to upset you...It just sounded like you might be mad at us because our DC treats everyone as a common, pathetic, working slug, and was not designed to keep the exceptionally deserving nwaredtail's rightful DC rate above everyone else's.

About 30-60% of NWA pilots break 80 hours and get premium pay, care to tell everyone how many DAL guys get greenslips, we were told less than 5%.
Yes, I'm glad you mentioned this.... in the merger scenario, another example of a far superior fNWA financial and philosophical principle...that of working for more hours at lower pay, thus achieving alleged "parity" with the myopic, dim-whitted, philosophically inept group who self-destuctively worked less hours for more pay... [/QUOTE]

OK, all fun and games and bullsh!tting aside, I'll close this as I've closed my previous posts (I think), with the idea that with all the b!tching from both sides, we are left with a funny feeling that an articulate Larry the Cable guy might describe as a "feeling or quality or a condition, an indication, that conveys certain information" about our merger, namely that it was "impartial, unprejudiced, just and honest, free from discrimination based on our own feelings or self-interest". Gosh, that last describes us to a "T", doesn't it!;):beer:

OK, sorry, didn't mean to upset you...It just sounded like you might be mad at us because our DC treats everyone as a common, pathetic, working slug, and was not designed to keep the exceptionally deserving nwaredtail's rightful DC rate above everyone else's.
Yeah, forgot to address that one earlier....you seem to have forgotten that a lot of NWA pilots still have a pretty decent frozen A plan. Your attempts to paint the recipients of the targeted DC plan as beneficiaries of some scam illustrates your cluelessness. The targeted DC plan is (was) an attempt to get those who didn't have much frozen pension to an amount equal to 50% FAE. Not even the 60% FAE of the original A plan. The NWA pilots whose targeted DC rates are higher than other NWA pilots are the ones whose A plans are hugely less than the ones getting less or zero from the DC plan. The FACT that many will go from 20% or so down to the DAL DC % (in what, like 3 more years?) only drives home the point that they will now not even have a chance at the 50% FAE amount the targeted plan was designed to produce. Yet another windfall for us right?

I understand it's confusing....heck, Puffdaddy even says in his post that he bets that there are more DAL pilots who had there pension terminated than NWA pilots who did. Well gosh Wally, you're right! Considering ZERO NWA pilots had their pension terminated. It was/is frozen. Big difference...but you guys have shown that numbers aint your strong suit.

Guess I won't be seein you guys over on the DALPA boards huh?

Detoilet320=:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
Oh, and detoilet. You're welcome for the better eqp, pay raises, bases, and overall QOL.
Now hold that skirt down, the wind must be really knocking at your back door. Time for a panty change!:laugh:
I said I'd check back on the children.......not on the creepy, fat, old guy who hangs out at the playground trying to talk to the children...

=DTW320;1833635
Wow. I obviously struck a nerve judging by the War & Peace dissertations given in the last 24 hours since I stopped by. Hadn't been here much at all in the last 6 months or so....glad (sad) to see that you guys are still on patrol like an 80 year old Japanese soldier still in the jungles of Guam or Saipan (DAL-S pilots please consult Google Earth now).
Speaks volumes about the strategic, economic, cultural, and political importance of those forgotten backwaters of WWII that only the elite, geographic cognoscenti of the world-girdling NWA would know their precise location...

Let's see, nwaredtail hit most of the major rebuttal points, thanks! Licorice, you're obviously smarter than and a bit less offensive than PuffDaddy (maybe you're one of those on the DALPA board...them fellers be s-m-a-r-t!!) but you lose me in your numbers. Redtail is correct. Relative seniority is expressed as a % of the entire list. Within 24 hours of the list coming out one of our guys had an app on his website that you input your number to and it spit out a chart showing your number and % position on the entire list for every year until age 65. From what we've seen of Delta Technology so far, DAL should hire him at triple his pilot pay rate. According to them "smart DAL-S guys" over on the DALPA boards, TravelNet sucks BTW. Their words. His website is the same one that emails you open trips in your category the second they hit the board and lists you on a jumpseat unattended while you're playing golf and DAL-S guys are queing up on the phone. Anyway, his lists and others clearly show that the average DAL-N pilot loses around 10 % relative seniority on the combined list, compared to the starting % at DCC, inside of 10 years. Now according to Pdiddy that doesn't matter because we could be extict tomorrow, which begs the question: if he really believes that, how sad is it that he is spending what could be his last day blathering away on Flight Info? Anyway, licorice, you should be able to understand that right? If a NWA guy was going to retire at 5% from the top of the list and now will retire at 15% down the list it = some big differences. PDiddy wants us to believe that it is purely a function of a new, bigger pilot group due to merger. That misses the point completely. Noone would say a word if it was as simply as that due to there being more pilots. The growth of the relative seniority disparity over the next 8 - 10 years, to the detriment of the NWA pilot and the GAIN of the DAL pilot, indicates one thing: DAL-S pilots capture and directly benefit from a large portion of the NWA retirements. That's thanks to the arbitrators. Like I've said many times, it is what it is and it's over. No one is "crying" about THAT. Find a post by me in the last 6 months complaining about the SLI. I'm responding to the 100% Grade A BS statement that NWA pilots received a "windfall" even though the numbers clearly show that the attrition on the NWA side mainly benefits the pre-merger DAL pilots....you know, the ones that think they got a screw job in the merger.
Smart DAL guys, in their words, travelnet sucks..? OK, I'll take your word for it. I have nothing to compare it with...

Yes, DTW, I acknowledge that I wouldn't be happy at all if 5% seniority suddenly became 15% seniority....in an amazing coincidence, that is exactly the % change what would have happened to me immediately had the list gone DOH. I understand, believe me, I do...
I agree that there are more 757/767 available to NWA guys due to the merger. I'll preface the next statement by saying that ALL of our payrates SUCK compared to what we ALL made a few years ago. But the 757/767/76ER that you guys gush about, pay a ridiculously small premium over the narrowbody domestic categories. That's where the argument that NWA guys have ALL these wonderful new WIDEBODIES to take advantage of falls flat for me. There is NO defensible reason at all for the huge disparity between 76ER pay and 767-400/A330 pay and we should have sent them back to the table over THAT precisely BECAUSE that 75/76ER category is so big! The 767ER International Widebody StratoCruiser pays a whopping 4% more than a 124 seat 737-700 and 8% more than a A319 (another 124 seat Delta airplane that somehow pays 4% less than a 73-700....another windfall for us NWA guys right?) Meanwhile, a 767-400/A330 pays 13% more than a 767ER. WTF? If all the additional 757's and 767's that NWA guys now have "access" to (there have to be vacancies first....noone gets bumped....something I have to point out on almost every DL jumpseat I ride when I'm told that the NWA guys are going to "take our widebody positions") paid the same as the 330/765 or even 8 or 9% more than the 737 then I would agre that it is a real benefit for NWA pilots to have more widebody seats! Who cares where it flies! That does not = QOL! I'll go on vacation to one of those places for QOL (just wrapping up over 30 days off myself from vacation awarded under those "horrendous" NWA work rules).
Well, at the risk of sounding knit-picking, I must point out that you compare DAL-S aircraft rates with other DAL-S aircraft..(theoretically none of your business since you didn't have those aircraft and therefore had nothing to do with establishing those rates) The super-premium 767ER international widebody stratocruiser, as it is routinely referred to, only pays 4% more than a 737-700/800 but by your own admission, pays 8% more than the A320, a DAL-N equivalent of the 737...You say above that it would be a real benefit if the ER paid 8 or 9% more...you have it, 8% more than a 737 equivalent...

I'll agree with Puffy that the problem with over 80 premium pay is that it encourages you to overwork, but having said that, the whole "grand scheme" more money thing is bogus too. I have a 747-400 FO friend who says that he made more W2 last year than his DAL 76ER Captain buddy. The ER Cap pointed it out to him over beers. I'll look forward to your freaking out and going ballistic shooting that one down over the next 10 pages. While we're at it, yes NWA pilots got a bigger hourly rate raise than DAL pilots since we had to be brought to parity. But I'm a little sick of hearing that DAL pilots got nothing out of this. You guys got raises and contract improvements too and furthermore whatever ANY of us got was not due to the generosity of DALPA..it was due to the fact that Delta Air Lines, Inc. needed this merger to happen and knew they had to "satisfy" the pilot group.
No shooting down there, no freaking out.....when two pilots are not compensated equally, in order for them to earn any given amount of money, one must work longer hours for less pay, and the other must work less hours for more pay..which would you rather be?
One last thing that can't go unnoticed...we got a windfall compared to the AAA/AWA arbitration? You CAN'T be serious! That's like saying that if my ski-boat motor goes out on me on Lake Lanier I got a windfall compared to those bastards on the Titanic! Please at least ATTEMPT to stay within reasonably comparable examples. Thanks! Now I'll check back on you children soon.....I KNOW you'll still be here. War & PeaceOUT
Great analogy!...Lake Lanier...an ATL resident? If so, congratulations on the merger and I understand your laissez faire attitude towards the merger, shouldn't be of much consequent to your lifestyle...;) .[/QUOTE]
Ok, good post DTW, a little knit picky but aren't we all...cheers:beer:

Yeah, forgot to address that one earlier....you seem to have forgotten that a lot of NWA pilots still have a pretty decent frozen A plan. Your attempts to paint the recipients of the targeted DC plan as beneficiaries of some scam illustrates your cluelessness. The targeted DC plan is (was) an attempt to get those who didn't have much frozen pension to an amount equal to 50% FAE. Not even the 60% FAE of the original A plan. The NWA pilots whose targeted DC rates are higher than other NWA pilots are the ones whose A plans are hugely less than the ones getting less or zero from the DC plan. The FACT that many will go from 20% or so down to the DAL DC % (in what, like 3 more years?) only drives home the point that they will now not even have a chance at the 50% FAE amount the targeted plan was designed to produce. Yet another windfall for us right?

I understand it's confusing....heck, Puffdaddy even says in his post that he bets that there are more DAL pilots who had there pension terminated than NWA pilots who did. Well gosh Wally, you're right! Considering ZERO NWA pilots had their pension terminated. It was/is frozen. Big difference...but you guys have shown that numbers aint your strong suit.

Guess I won't be seein you guys over on the DALPA boards huh?
Dang, just when I was starting to like you, DTW you go and poke fun. We had the targeted plan, we know all about it, we're not clueless, you're losing it, tough sh!t, we're just having fun with you, get over it.

I'll believe your superior math prowess if you can answer this common math problem: what does e raised to the i pi power equal?

this thread just reminds me why i dont come on Flight Info much anymore, thanks for the reminder children. :rolleyes:

I said I'd check back on the children.......not on the creepy, fat, old guy who hangs out at the playground trying to talk to the children...

You describe your man love so well, it's scary! I bet Captains are real scared to fly with you.
Now go on Nancy, your skirt is hiking up real high, go ahead and pull it down. Your man will appreciate it!
Oh, and detoilet, just for you----------->:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

If you are junior now, you are probably going to fly a narrowbody, which is something that probably should have happened anyway. If you started on a widebody, you hit the jackpot, but that may not last.

I am sick and tired of hearing this crap! If you want my ER seat you senior guys could have had it, but then you guys would have to commute to NYC and most do not want to so STFU! I got hired all happy to be flying and planned on flying the MD88 but I got a bonus, an ER and now I'm the bad guy? Please explain how that works? Now with this merger mess I'm looking at finding another job for 3 or so years till these 60 year old grandpas retire and let myself and the others around me get on with our lives. So in the big picture, you real senior guys will be working till you die while monkey boy is paying me with gov't cheese to stay home. Hope it's worth it!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back