Anderson sets the table for job cuts at Delta

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Redrum:
Don't waste your time with joemerchant. He tried to get on a major airline seniority list by suiing back in 2001. HE LOST, as did all his girlfriends supporting his cause. He'll say, do or try anything to get on a mainline list. Its his scab type attitude that has made him most famous around most airlines!

Here is one for ya.

I have been getting a few indications that RJDC is seeing LOA 2006-10 as an infraction on its agreement with ALPA. RJDC's beef is that this LOA pertained to only its original signatory's. (NWA-DAL-CPA and Mesaba) Fact is that due to the fact that this LOA now applies to all DCI carrier is very important to all Delta pilots. As we are shrinking we need to realize that this now affords our pilots the ability through our CBA to have rights at other carriers. It was not unintentional.
What we need to do is make sure that our MEC and CNC do not sign a MOA with the RJDC and company that it only includes these carriers. If they do that it is only a further erosion of our CBA rites. I urge all of you to contract our representation and tell them what the importance of this NWA LOA 2006-10 is to all of us.

Here is one for ya.

I have been getting a few indications that RJDC is seeing LOA 2006-10 as an infraction on its agreement with ALPA. RJDC's beef is that this LOA pertained to only its original signatory's. (NWA-DAL-CPA and Mesaba) Fact is that due to the fact that this LOA now applies to all DCI carrier is very important to all Delta pilots. As we are shrinking we need to realize that this now affords our pilots the ability through our CBA to have rights at other carriers. It was not unintentional.
What we need to do is make sure that our MEC and CNC do not sign a MOA with the RJDC and company that it only includes these carriers. If they do that it is only a further erosion of our CBA rites. I urge all of you to contract our representation and tell them what the importance of this NWA LOA 2006-10 is to all of us.

ACL:
There can never ben a MOA with the rjdc. They don't act as a bargaining unit. The only thing they understand is frivilous lawsuits filed by scab-type supporters.
The only people who need be concerned are comair and asa, and we'll send them the memo!

ACL:
There can never ben a MOA with the rjdc. They don't act as a bargaining unit. The only thing they understand is frivilous lawsuits filed by scab-type supporters.
The only people who need be concerned are comair and asa, and we'll send them the memo!

Correct, but to keep the issue at bay, they could agree in essence and have the company modify the contract.
Fact is that there are some things that make sense. What worries me is that our MEC sees scope as something to sell. It is my understanding that they may be willing to limit LOA 2006-10 to keep certain wolves at bay.

Here is one for ya.

I have been getting a few indications that RJDC is seeing LOA 2006-10 as an infraction on its agreement with ALPA. .

Which LOA is this?

National Seniority List...

No thanks.

Maybe that question should have come up prior to the America West / US Airways hookup. Or maybe even before the NWA / DAL merger.

How about before PanAm/National or UAL/Capital...

That train left the station long ago.

Good luck to the junior "New Delta" pilots.

TC

To date there are no pilot furloughs planned.

If you have been following the "merger" activities in the paper (and I'm sure you have), certain communities like DTW and MSP have been hyper-sensitive to the jobs/layoff issue. This is why you haven't seen any furloughs/layoffs.....yet. DAL management has been slowly and pragmatically closing off loose ends. Now that the company is getting to the point where local government entities cannot retaliate meaningfully for job losses attributed to the merger, you will start to see more and more of the layoff trial balloons floated.

You comment above would be accurate if worded "to date there are no pilot furloughs planned that I know of."

I still have the number of that truck driving school if you are interested.

All the best,

Frank

Latest resources

Back