Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And this just in from the Detroit Free Press about DL/NWA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Any jobs surplussed by -9 retirements will probably go to large RJs at mainline. Unfortunately, the Delta pay rates for those are pretty rough.

Grinder
All hiring that is going on at NWA is already based upon the reduction of DC9s. So there will be no surplus of -9 pilots because the hiring is already based on the retirement of the 25ish -9s being retired.

ALPA and management do not want another US AIRWAYS/ AMERICA WEST mess. XXXX has been told by an FO rep that a deal will me made with approval of both MEC's. When the deal is announced it will be cast in stone. Both MEC's will have signed off on the new seniority list, and if you feel you got screwed over, too bad, your reps and your MEC have sealed your fate.

There is no brotherhood in this union....some of you just don't want to admit it..... Look at USAir/AWA......look at age 60....how about TWA....scope.....mergers.....It's every man and woman for themselves.....

Rearrange the chairs on the deck if you want....I'll go for a life raft while the band plays on......

Take it to the regionals board!

Take it to the regionals board!

Why?

I see many mainliners posting on the regional threads......why is that any different....The level of arrogance from some of you guys is simply amazing.....

Nwa/dal

Hey guys,

Quick question about the retirements going on at NWA and DAL. I have heard that NWA is still putting out 25 guys a month. I am also interested in comments on the fact that NWA still has a pension and DAL does not. Is that the reason NWA guys are still leaving? Just want to get out with what they can? General Lee, I hope for a response, you seem to back up most of what you say with facts. I have my opinion, but that really doesn't hold water.

Just my opinion, but I would be scared to death if I was still at a regional. I understand ASA is retiring the ATR's, with no other aircraft showing up on the property. I flew with many guys who seemed to have it made at ASA, but then the bases closed, skywest bought them, Mesa came to town and brought Republic, Chautauqua with them. Now Eagle is for sale, I will post my ultimate findings when I turn 65, I think I will know at that time what the best course was.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back