Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And this just in from the Detroit Free Press about DL/NWA...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are Scope clauses going away in the merged contract?

Here is how simple the new scope clause could be:

1) Anyone who wants can fly up to a bazillion 50-seat jets and/or turboprops for Delta.

2) If it is larger than 50-seats, it is flown by Delta pilots.

3) If any affiliate of Delta that flies one of the bazillion 50 seat aircraft has a provision in their FOM that hats are optional, that provision will also apply to the Delta pilots.

That's why they're meeting and bargaining (something of which you are absolutely clueless). Not hiring a high priced lawyer to file a lawsuit!;)

ALPA merger policy already allows for both groups to "bargain".....Obviously the DAL and NWA MECs don't believe that ALPA merger policy offers enough protection.....Thus the "pre-nup".......

Maybe ALPA Merger Policy is broken.......

Mark my words....If this merger goes thru, there will be lawsuits filed......

ALPA merger policy already allows for both groups to "bargain".....Obviously the DAL and NWA MECs don't believe that ALPA merger policy offers enough protection.....Thus the "pre-nup".......

I would imagine that the hang up is more about the equity, and other contractual issues which the unions are trying to gain more than anything else--not that it is of your concern.

why do you care? you're not a mainline pilot.

I thought Lee Moak of DALPA and his counterpart had already met to discuss a potential tie-up? You'd think they would have already sketched out potential scenarios amenable to both parties... Time to bring in the expensive LAWYERS...

why do you care? you're not a mainline pilot.

Because it illustrates the internal problems that this union has.....Mergers have been and continue to be a problem within this "brotherhood".......

Another problem is the fact that we are still using the label "mainline pilot"......Shouldn't matter.....I thought if "one of us has a problem, then we all have a problem"......If that is true, then we ALL have a problem this is so-called "union"......

Because it illustrates the internal problems that this union has.....Mergers have been and continue to be a problem within this "brotherhood".......

Another problem is the fact that we are still using the label "mainline pilot"......Shouldn't matter.....I thought if "one of us has a problem, then we all have a problem"......If that is true, then we ALL have a problem this is so-called "union"......

Well, I agree that the union is the problem.

I would imagine that the hang up is more about the equity, and other contractual issues which the unions are trying to gain more than anything else--not that it is of your concern.

Actually if you read the union's own releases, seniority integration is an issue.....which indicates that they aren't willing to trust ALPA merger policy to be "fair".....

If it relates to ALPA......it is my business...I don't need your permission to make something my business.....

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back