• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And the good news continues to roll for this profession

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Please tell us what your man Kerry would have done different? Other than raise taxes and promote the homosexual agenda.

Never said Kerry was my man. I just don't like Bush.

Oh, and BTW, let's add sky high oil prices to the Bush list. Don't ever try and convince me that a Texas oil millionaire, whose friends are all oil millionaires, would ever do anything but try and keep prices high. Do you think that it is a fluke that while all of america is feeling the pinch of record high prices, that oil companies are recording record profits? Do you really think Bush has ANY interest in doing anything but keep prices high?

your man is an abject moron

Its funny that the Dems say Bush "tricked us into going to war by manipulating the intelligence." So let me get this straight...he is a moron yet he was able to trick you into a war. So what does that make you???

I'd rather have a anti-labor president who takes the fight over there than a pro-labor president who appeases those bastards. Wake up!

This is bad in so many ways. Anyone of the 25 EU countries now has open skies. That would allow a country like Turkey or Czechoslovakia to take in pilots from wherever they want, pay them dirt wages and fly anywhere.

Their is no way that the US can police every countries government subsidizes and what grievance policy and penalties are associated when they do get caught subsidizing their flag carriers.

Right now the only division of the legacy carriers making money is the intl division. This should all but kill that. I would look for some serious consolidation in the industry.

I don't know what Bush got in return for this besides a good screwing? . Any closed military base now could become the next DFW/ORD hub for any European LCC, hiring pilots from who knows where paying them whatever they want. This industry just keeps going down the toilet.

U.S. Approve
An Open-Skies Agreement
By LAURA MECKLER
Staff Reporter of THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
November 19, 2005; Page A2

WASHINGTON -- The U.S. and the European Union agreed to allow their airlines to fly freely across the Atlantic, prying open restrictions at London's Heathrow Airport and marking a significant liberalization of global aviation.
The deal, which must be ratified by all 25 EU member countries, caps more than a decade of talks over loosening regulations that have restricted trans-Atlantic aviation. It would allow any U.S. or EU airline to fly to any U.S. or EU city.
"We want to open the gates for vigorous competition," said John Byerly, deputy assistant secretary of state for transportation affairs, in a conference call with reporters.
EU approval will depend on finalization of a proposed U.S. regulation allowing foreign investors more control over operations of U.S. airlines, said EU Air Transport Director Daniel Calleja, who also participated in the call. The EU has made clear that it wants to see U.S. rules on foreign control eased before it loosens international rules, particularly those governing Heathrow.
The U.S. regulation, which would allow foreigners to have greater say in decisions such as investment, routes and marketing, has come under fire in Congress and from labor unions, which fear the best airline jobs will go overseas. But unless Congress blocks the rule, the Bush administration has the authority to finalize it.
Assuming EU approval of the "open skies" deal, the more-liberal aviation regime could take effect as early as October.
Because the U.S. and the EU account for more than half of world-wide air travel, the deal would have profound influence on the global industry, and could prompt other nations open to deregulation, such as Australia and New Zealand, to join and expand the agreement.
Specifically, the agreement would replace a collection of bilateral deals between the U.S. and many individual European nations and allow for much more open transportation among the nations. It covers both passenger service and cargo.
The two parties also agreed to cooperate more closely on security and safety issues.
Under the tentative agreement, carriers flying across the Atlantic would be permitted to continue on to third countries. There would be no restrictions on the number of flights, or on the aircraft used or routes involved.
Airlines could set fares at whatever the market would bear, a change that could lead to lower fares.
The current system greatly restricts movement between the continents. For instance, Air France may fly to the U.S. from Paris, but not from London or Madrid.
Air France may, in fact, be one of the first beneficiaries of the new rules, given its recent purchase of KLM of the Netherlands. Under existing rules, KLM would be classified as a French airline and wouldn't be allowed to fly to the U.S. from Amsterdam.
Under current law, only two U.S. carriers -- AMR Corp.'s American Airlines and UAL Corp.'s United Airlines -- are allowed to fly into Heathrow, which is preferred by travelers because of its proximity to London.
British Airways and Virgin Atlantic Airways are the only United Kingdom carriers allowed to serve the U.S. from Heathrow.
Still, the agreement won't guarantee new competition; airlines wanting to fly into Heathrow first would have to win spots on the airport's crowded schedule.

Last edited:
Look for a scumbag operation like Ryanair to start transatlantic service. Think you've got a bad job -- their CEO puts out memos stating that employees will be fired for charging their cellphones on company property.

Skank said:
Just my opinion, but I think the situation is totally fubar. If you think your man is doing a good job, you must be, either making a lot of money, or totally clueless.

I didn't say he was doing a bang-up job. What I did say is that I don't think the alternative was any better.

GogglesPisano said:
Look for a scumbag operation like Ryanair to start transatlantic service. Think you've got a bad job -- their CEO puts out memos stating that employees will be fired for charging their cellphones on company property.

I personally like their 737's with the seat pockets removed so people can't place trash in them (no cleaning). Or the 737's that don't have window shades because of the added weight.

While I don't see SWA or JB looking to start intl traffic tomorrow, companies like Ryan air, Easy Jet or any other European LCC must be licking their chops. They can go into a place like Brussels (Sabena in out of business) with no flag carrier. Pick up a closed military base and start picking people up all over Europe and flying them to any US airport. Welcome to the new Greyhound of the skies.

As Ross Perot once said "All I can hear is a giant sucking sound, thats all your jobs leaving the US and going overseas".

This is not a "good thing" Martha.

Champ42272

I.P. Freley said:
No.

Any time I worry about Bush I just remember "It coulda been Kerry". Then I vomit a few times and I feel much better.

Now that was FUNNY!! :beer:

BBB

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back