• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

And So It Begins

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Since it's in an AIN article, care to give us some idea of how the meetings progressed?

Meeting To Address Merging Flight Ops, Flexjet Pilots
AINalerts ? April 3, 2014
by Matt Thurber
April 3, 2014, 3:10 PM

A meeting between company officials and the Flight Options pilot union planned for today and tomorrow is intended to address issues arising from the consolidation of fractional-share operations Flexjet and Flight Options. Flight Options parent Directional Aviation Capital purchased Flexjet from Bombardier last December for about $195 million.

In a March 27 announcement sent to members of Teamsters Local 1108, which represents Flight Options pilots, the union noted that it had filed a "grievance alleging multiple violations of Section 1 of our collective bargaining agreement (CBA) and related letters of agreement." According to the union, the filing of the grievance allows it to "preserve our right to use the grievance and arbitration process in defense of pilots' rights under the CBA while we simultaneously meet with the company in a good-faith attempt to resolve all issues related to the consolidation of the two carriers."

The specific grievances alleged by the union include "consolidating certain Flight Options and Flexjet functions prior to exhausting the mandatory fence negotiation and arbitration procedures set forth in the CBA and reducing positions and slowing growth at Flight Options through subcontracting."

Read the AIN piece more carefully brother. They simply reported what was in the unions' grievance and associated announcement.

I'm sure someone from the union will give us a report on what happened at the meeting soon.

Read the AIN piece more carefully brother. They simply reported what was in the unions' grievance and associated announcement.

I'm sure someone from the union will give us a report on what happened at the meeting soon.

Thanks for helpful comment.

Bluenose asked a legit question and it appears you don't know the answer. Just say so....

Two days worth of meetings and nothing to report?

In my 3-1/2 years of union membership, I have found my union's leadership to be only SLIGHTLY more forthcoming with information than my company's leadership....

Your actual mileage may vary.

Jusssssssss sayin'

In my 3-1/2 years of union membership, I have found my union's leadership to be only SLIGHTLY more forthcoming with information than my company's leadership....

Your actual mileage may vary.

Jusssssssss sayin'

Winner, winner, chicken dinner. :smash:

Hey! Don't hijack a Net jet thread.....Their feelings will be hurt. :)
Might be the first in Flightinfo history seeing a NJA thread get hijacked....

Might be the first in Flightinfo history seeing a NJA thread get hijacked....
how would one know it had been hijacked?

Latest resources

Back