and he's DOWN for the count

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jmmccutc said:
i can't find them on any of my illegal music download programs...are they any good and what type of stuff do they sing? if it's not country i'm not gonna listen...
haha, definitely not country. check out their website. they were started back in the mid-1990's at St. Olaf College in Minnesota (sp?). They sing lots of different stuff, from chamber music to different adaptations of modern songs like "The Wreck of the Edmond Fitzgerald", to music composed by them. The concert they put on was very diverse and intense, a splendiferous show. but no, it's not country, sorry. listen to some of their sound clips.

cforst513 said:
listen to some of their sound clips.

i did, that was a rather tender, heartflet rendition of Danny Boy; however, Harry Conick Jr's version of the song as performed in that movie about the airplane...Memphis Belle

the song they sang with me and one of my choirs is Franz Biebl's "Ave Maria". quite possibly one of the most beautiful songs ever composed.

Originally Posted by cforst513

cforst513: Thanks for the link! I have been waiting for an alternative to Chanticleer; I've now found it. The Ave Maria is much better than Chanticleer's. and their tenors.....I like them a lot more also.

cforst513 said:
and where was minitour during all this? i saw his name at the bottom of the viewing list, yet no posts. i wonder if something is wrong?!

Out with your mom...haha

j/k

i keed i keed :D

justthewife said:
Originally Posted by cforst513

cforst513: Thanks for the link! I have been waiting for an alternative to Chanticleer; I've now found it. The Ave Maria is much better than Chanticleer's. and their tenors.....I like them a lot more also.
holy crap!!! an informed flight info member!!! i just found my first love...

anyway, i hope you like cantus' music. their tenors, in person, can make you weak in your knees, and it's like they're not even trying. brad, they're youngest and newest guy, has got a phenomenal tenor voice. i'm a baritone and i want to be him! chanticleer had a pretty good ave maria, i thought. but i heard cantus' version and you're right, it's better. also, their basses... if you can, buy a cd or 2 and listen to them. tim, the really tall guy, and tom, the shorter guy w/ curly hair and glasses -- their range is amazing. low C's without any trouble at all. tom talks in bass tones, it's funny to listen to him. then it's humbling b/c you feel like a pubescent 11 year old next to him.

if you ever want to talk classical/chamber music, PM me! i'm in a chamber choir at school and it's been the best 2 years of my life.

minitour said:
Out with your mom...haha

j/k

i keed i keed :D
mini!!! i know you saw the show earlier with rnobson or whatever his name was. i'm just shocked you showed the restraint to not post. you're more of a man than i. oh, how's mom doing? haven't called her in a grip and a half...

cforst513 said:
mini!!! i know you saw the show earlier with rnobson or whatever his name was. i'm just shocked you showed the restraint to not post. you're more of a man than i. oh, how's mom doing? haven't called her in a grip and a half...

LMAO

She's well man...she had to come up for air earlier but she's doing fine now :D

Seriously, I didn't find any reason to respond...I figured if I ignored the person, he/she/it would go away...

-mini

minitour said:
She's well man...she had to come up for air earlier but she's doing fine now :D
so wrong on sooooo many levels....

Latest resources

Back