• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Analysts call to short XJT...opinions?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Take a look at the insider positions. None of them own more than $48,000 worth and all together they hold a total of $91,500. One of the officers sold 1/2 of his shares on 10 May. I'm guessing that they don't see XJT as a bargain at $6.10 or even at $5.65 ($0.64 above its all time low) where it was at the beginning of the month.

As for the number of analysts saying short vs long, there are 2 saying Hold, 3 saying Underperform and 2 saying sell. None are saying Outperform or Buy. [Not the 10:1 long/short ratio suggested by threegreen]

Last edited:
Analysts can only speculate and you always have to wonder who they are in bed with...literally. XJT moves 5% up or down throughout the day almost all the time. Airline stocks are risky right now, but if you did want to invest or try to speculate which way things are going..... buying calls/puts is the best way without a huge investment of capital. LUV (only airline stock i would buy right now) If these so called analysts truly knew that XJT would see 3$ anytime in the next year....do you really think they would be working for a living?

Exactly. Guess you've had to experience it to understand what we are trying to say. I do understand that not all of your aircraft are attempting to do branded flying but a large portion is.

A large portion? How is 18% of fleet a LARGE portion

205 for CAL, 10 in a CPA for Delta. 274-225 = 49 49/274 = 17.8%

Here is the current breakdown

205 CAL +3 XRs are staying until august (so its 208 until Aug-28-07)
10 Delta CPA
8 Delta Pro-rate
9 Charter
42 Branded

Now actually Branded flying only makes up 15% of the fleet....so it must be a large portion.

Still waiting RP.

My educated analysis is there isn't a regional airline worth working at after the demise of ACA and concessionary contracts at Comair and Air Wisconsin. You can sit here and compare contracts and what one company is doing vs. another till your blue in the face but at the end of the day the bottom line there is no such thing as a regional airline that has a "great" contract. Stability does not exist either, especially when management toys with the idea of branded flying using 50 seaters. They don't make money.

By the way, what are the financial #'s (load factors, revenue, etc) so far on your branded flying at XJet?

Last edited:
By the way, what are the financial #'s (load factors, revenue, etc) so far on your branded flying at XJet?

Do you really think there is going to be much of a "revenue" after one month of service?

Latest resources

Back