• Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

L.Skywalker

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]14:31 EDT XJT
theflyonthewall.com: ExpressJet Holdings Inc-XJT may be time to short shares
again-Underweight@PRUS
The firm said that now may be the time to short shares of XJT again, down to
their $3 target. Prudential said that XJT is burning cash every day and they
believe the company will struggle once the effects of competition from Southwest
are felt. :theflyonthewall.com
[/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]...any opinions?
[/FONT]

Sadly, I think we may have rough seas ahead. At least we are getting away from that anchor CAL.

Going on our own was smart, but it's not like I plan on sticking around any regional airline. I think the good times may be over for the 50 seat jet ops.

JMHO. I don't own any stock, and don't plan to.

We don't compete with Southwest Airlines on our routes. The stock was recently upgraded by MOST analysts following last weeks earnings call, hence the rise in price for a week straight.

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]14:31 EDT XJT [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]theflyonthewall.com: ExpressJet Holdings Inc-XJT may be time to short shares [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]again-Underweight@PRUS [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]The firm said that now may be the time to short shares of XJT again, down to [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]their $3 target. Prudential said that XJT is burning cash every day and they [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]believe the company will struggle once the effects of competition from Southwest [/FONT]
[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]are felt. :theflyonthewall.com [/FONT]

[FONT=verdana, courier new,courier,tahoma,sans-serif]...any opinions?[/FONT]

Yeah, not really surprised. The whole branded flying thing has been doomed from the start and its only purpose it to keep the planes flying.

The real question isn't whats going to happen with the 69 airplanes that XJT is basically whoring out but what they are going to do when the next 69 planes are given away. Yes, call has said they will take away another 69 airplanes.

Learn from JetBlewit, don't buy airplanes and then figure out what you're going to do with them.

Yeah, not really surprised. The whole branded flying thing has been doomed from the start and its only purpose it to keep the planes flying.

The real question isn't whats going to happen with the 69 airplanes that XJT is basically whoring out but what they are going to do when the next 69 planes are given away. Yes, call has said they will take away another 69 airplanes.

Learn from JetBlewit, don't buy airplanes and then figure out what you're going to do with them.

Not really. We have several routes that are already seeing full flights.

No airplanes have been whored out. I would like to see an example of this if you really believe it to be true.

CAL won't take another 69. It would be 25% of our current fleet flying for CAL. So 25% of 205 = 51 airframes.

Sounds like you fly for CAL

And you know this because???????? I didn't realize you were a member of the XJT Board of Directors who made the decision about how to use the 69 aircraft. Oh wait, you must be on the CAL Board of Directors, since you know for a fact what THEY intend to do. Yeah we learned from Jet Blue....they asked us for assistance and in 3 days we were flying for them.

I just love people who think they know everything about everyone else's business. XJT will succeed because management is smart, the pilot group supports them, and the business plan is solid. I guess they could have come to us for concessions, but instead they negotiated pay increases and further improvements in work rules in this time of "doom." There is a reason XJT has the best contract in the "regional" carrier industry. CAL knows it now, since they have to put up with their decision to use Chatauqua. DAL knows it now, since they keep asking us to fly more planes for them.

Go pick on someone that needs it....like most of the other regional carriers that have substandard wages and work rules. They are the ones that need to succeed and do better...to help improve ALL of our contracts.

On second thought, I just looked through your post history and I really don't care for any response you may have. Almost all of your recent posts blast XJT. You are a CAL guy that hates ALPA, I'm sure you fit right in over there. Probably the son of a scab. Keep in mind that one of the reasons CAL has such high customer satisfaction is because of the great service we provide CAL.

SuperKooter is a tool who does ABSOLUTLY nothing but flame XJT and others. Complete waste of time to read anything posted by this turd.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back