• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An Open Letter to Kenn Ricci and the DAC/OneSky Management team

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I know its hard el. The original Options started out as a positive place to work. We learned the hard way about the corporate world and the need to generate profits. The 330 pilots spared the whole pilot group a lot of further agony.

Long and arduous? Why? All you need to do is walk in and plop down the recent NJA TA. Ricci's seems to love you guys so what's to fight about, the paperwork is already done. Time to level the playing field in our profession.

Don't be too hard on us. It's hard to let go of the past.

It is, but I hope everyone realizes that there's no going back now. The whole pilot group has crossed the Rubicon, the die is cast whatever your previous opinion or vote. KR will not take this well, and he won't just blame the yes voters while showering the no voters with love - he will take this out on the whole group. Hanging together is the only workable strategy from this point forward. Anyone trying to curry individual favor will end up hurting themselves as much as the whole group. Good luck to all.

It's comments like this that caused so many to vote no in hope to keep goons like you out of Flexjet. Your best bet is to stop lobbing insults so that we all can move towards the common good of securing a great contract.

Are we this thinned skinned? You Flex guys need to get use to "Fly the Pledge"(I'm sure you will hear about this soon), FLOPS guys have been thru this game and were solid. You guys have to learn this, a great contract will not just fall into your laps in 9 months. But if your really gonna stress about a couple of guys here on FI lobbin some insults then you have a long way to go

Last edited:
First, let me congratulate you on your win this Tuesday.

Secondly, that was the easy part. I wish you luck in your negotiations, as they will probably be LONG and arduous.

I suppose this back handed slap at us counts as evidence that you've personally chosen not to be gracious in defeat. That's sad and confirms a lot that I had suspected about you.

I want you to know that we know it's not going to be easy. I think we understood that going in, but you need to also understand that we would much rather fight (however hard, or long we must) rather than bow and scrape for scraps from managements table. We're not at all interested in a parent child relationship. There is no dignity in groveling for advancement opportunities, which is what we'd have been reduced to if we had lost this election. Many of us would have moved on rather than submit to this, but we are game for a fight if that is what you wish.

That said, I also want to point out to you that, per the Flight Options pilots CBA, nine months following SLI, management will be faced with contract arbitration if they choose to drag their feet in negotiations. I think you know this is a significant advantage for the union and I suspect this fact is the root cause of why you were directed to fight so hard and dirty in an attempt win the election.

The ball is in your court "buckaroo". While I will be shocked to discover that you are personally capable of thinking creatively or pragmatically enough to understand this, I'm hoping your bosses understand that following our victory the union has extended an olive branch and the leadership seems prepared to bury the hatchet and move on.

But you can continue with the snarky rhetoric if that is what you choose. We are experienced with and fully capable of dealing with that approach.

Last edited:
Really squirrel? Lets take a look at this 3 Of Flexes pilots FIRED for body language. No Stip, reduction in 401k, Junior FLOPS guys flying the biggest newest jets making the most amount of money then your most senior guys.. And 300 Flex pilots VOTE NO!!! REALLY????? and your worried cause you think I insulted someone.. Every Flex pilot that Voted NO insulted themselves more than I ever could no matter what I said..And I toned it down ALOT...I would probably be kicked off here if I said what I really feel.. So tell me you Voted NO with everything thats happened. If after two years anyone at Flex hasn't realized their beloved little company that was so wonderful is long gone and has been. Then it scares me that I may have to sit next to one of these geniuses in a cockpit someday..CAN'T FIX STUPID!! Thats how I feel and Im done discussin it . Just makes my blood pressure rise..Good riddence..Oh and I could give a FLYING F what anyone that voted NO has to say about that.

Last edited:

Secondly, that was the easy part. I wish you luck in your negotiations, as they will probably be LONG and arduous.

duhhhhh quote:
My special thanks to SPT, Phildo, the Little Hitler, the Queen, and D-Bag #1. Your posts convinced the fence sitters to vote YES! Thank you for all you've done!

Such lovely comments as this from your tool won?t make for easier negotiations.
One commentator(?) thought that you buckaroos might start trying to mend a few fences, and it is probably good advice.
WL
There are two types of luck. I couldn't help but notice that warlord19 didn't wish 1108 GOOD luck.

He is correct, however. I will encourage all 1108 members to get involved. The hard part is about to begin.

Are we this thinned skinned? You Flex guys need to get use to "Fly the Pledge"(I'm sure you will hear about this soon), FLOPS guys have been thru this game and were solid. You guys have to learn this, a great contract will not just fall into your laps in 9 months. But if your really gonna stress about a couple of guys here on FI lobbin some insults then you have a long way to go

I'm not thin skinned but I'm sure some of the no voters might be. The campaign is over. It's in our best interest to have cohesive pilot groups so that a great JCBA can be hammered out. Do@che baggery, at this point, will only divide.

Really squirrel? Lets take a look at this 3 Of Flexes pilots FIRED for body language. No Stip, reduction in 401k, Junior FLOPS guys flying the biggest newest jets making the most amount of money then your most senior guys.. And 300 Flex pilots VOTE NO!!! REALLY????? and your worried cause you think I insulted someone.. Every Flex pilot that Voted NO insulted themselves more than I ever could no matter what I said..And I toned it down ALOT...I would probably be kicked off here if I said what I really feel.. So tell me you Voted NO with everything thats happened. If after two years anyone at Flex hasn't realized their beloved little company that was so wonderful is long gone and has been. Then it scares me that I may have to sit next to one of these geniuses in a cockpit someday..CAN'T FIX STUPID!! Thats how I feel and Im done discussin it . Just makes my blood pressure rise..Good riddence..Oh and I could give a FLYING F what anyone that voted NO has to say about that.

Shanes-

Simmer down. The campaign is over. It doesn't do any of us any good by being an ass to the guys who voted no. I didn't judge any of my peers who decided to roll with a "No" vote. That was their decision as there was much to consider as a Flex pilot. The pilot groups have been apples and oranges as far as pay, benefits, QOL, etc. The important thing is that we need to come together now that we are all being represented by the 1108 so we can all achieve an awesome contract. The "them and us" sheot must stop now!

It would be naive to think that all of the NO votes came from the Flex side anyway (although most definitely did). Do you really think that all of the Options guys voted YES? I doubt it.

Finally, read Mat Slinghoff's post "A Fresh Start" on the VUH. That'll sum up what I've said.

Last edited:

Secondly, that was the easy part. I wish you luck in your negotiations, as they will probably be LONG and arduous...

Thanks for the "congrats", but I seriously doubt that our negotiators intend to rely (even a little bit) on luck. They won't be long and arduous because it is spelled out in our contract... 9 months after SLI. Oh, I have no doubt that KR will probably attempt drag them right up until the last second, and if he chooses to go that route, he will upset a lot of pilots who will be a lot less likely to do the company any favors, then the customers and investors will start leaning on him too. Not to mention that the arbitration process is something I doubt he will want to risk, especially after Netjets ratifies their T/A and once again sets a new standard for the fractional industry. But, if he want's to go that route, I am sure we are prepared for that too... after all, he has said more than once that he wants to have the highest paid pilots in the industry, and I am sure the arbitrator will get to see it before they make their decision. See, it really is his choice which direction this goes from here. I really do hope that KR directs our management takes the high road, but history would suggest otherwise.

Mending fences won't get you a contract.

Probably not, but we can still hope for the best, while we're preparing for the worst.

...whatever your previous opinion or vote. KR will not take this well, and he won't just blame the yes voters while showering the no voters with love - he will take this out on the whole group. Hanging together is the only workable strategy from this point forward...

You are probably correct about KR and the divide between the pilot groups is probably the most important place to "mend the fences". The blame will go beyond the pilot group and I bet that in the coming months there are probably a few mid level managers that will soon leave to "pursue other opportunities" or "spend more time with their families".

I think pretty much everyone that supports the union is out of the shadows ..over 300 NO VOTES!!!!!!! I have to assume the majority of those were FLEX pilots...

Flexjet NO votes may have been the majority, and that was expected, but don't underestimate how many NO votes they gained via the divide and conquer method by giving lots of FO pilots the Global and G450 positions out of seniority. I can't imagine that the bulk of either pilot group thinks too fondly of those pilots.

There are two types of luck. I couldn't help but notice that warlord19 didn't wish 1108 GOOD luck.

He is correct, however. I will encourage all 1108 members to get involved. The hard part is about to begin.

We all know how WL feels and I suspect any wish for "luck" was nothing but sarcasm. However, his individual attitude and opinion makes absolutely no difference any longer because the IBT 1108 is now the elected bargaining agent for ALL the collective pilots of Flight Options and Flexjet. Although we never saw eye to eye, I can appreciate his wish to not be a Teamster, but I can't respect him in the least, if he won't respect the will of the majority and attempts to sabotage the collective bargaining process. As someone once suggested, "If you don't like it here, you can always leave and find new employment" (... or something close).

I encourage everyone (including You WL) to volunteer, get involved, and make this the union you want it to be.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back