• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An ASA Crew Bashing Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
No clue what you had going on there in the blue, but that's not in my original post and I never wrote that.
NBD, but read the last paragraph in your post.

BTW, I have entered that ATL ramp numerous times without talking to them first when the frequency is congested and I can't get a word in. There is no reason why anyone should block the progress of Ground Control simply because they can't get a word in with Ramp. I never said ignore them, did I?

What was your point in your earlier post?

No clue what you had going on there in the blue, but that's not in my original post and I never wrote that.

BTW, I have entered that ATL ramp numerous times without talking to them first when the frequency is congested and I can't get a word in. There is no reason why anyone should block the progress of Ground Control simply because they can't get a word in with Ramp. I never said ignore them, did I?

Oh so you're the bozo that frigged up the ramp the other day that ramp was screaming at trying to figure out who you were. They stopped everyone on the ramp because they had no clue what you were doing or where you were going. It was a surreal, almost comical situation...kinda like when I saw the car full of old people going down the higway the wrong direction in Florida one Sunday morning!

Not good....

BTW, I have entered that ATL ramp numerous times without talking to them first when the frequency is congested and I can't get a word in.

I seriously doubt you've done this "numerous times". One time, maybe. After that, I'm sure the ass-chewing you got was more than enough to keep you from doing it again (especially if it was on Ron's ramp).

Choosing to enter a ramp that has multiple pushbacks and taxi operations without clearance rather than hold up ground for 30 seconds is just a bad decision. I find it hard to believe anyone would be reckless enough to do this on "numerous occasions".

I seriously doubt you've done this "numerous times". One time, maybe. After that, I'm sure the ass-chewing you got was more than enough to keep you from doing it again (especially if it was on Ron's ramp).

Choosing to enter a ramp that has multiple pushbacks and taxi operations without clearance rather than hold up ground for 30 seconds is just a bad decision. I find it hard to believe anyone would be reckless enough to do this on "numerous occasions".

Agree on all points!

There could always be an exception--I guess. For a balanced approach, the best way to address ramp entry is to attempt to make that call a little early, at some point prior to getting to the exit/entry spot. That way, if they cannot take you, you have time to coordinate with ground prior to having to stop short of the ramp blocking the taxiway.

A question for someone who might know: For a while, tower and ground knew what ramp and gate you were parking even before landing. I assume that is still the case. Can Ramp track inbounds, possibly with ground based radar or a repeater, so they know you are approaching ramp entry?

Agree on all points!

There could always be an exception--I guess. For a balanced approach, the best way to address ramp entry is to attempt to make that call a little early, at some point prior to getting to the exit/entry spot. That way, if they cannot take you, you have time to coordinate with ground prior to having to stop short of the ramp blocking the taxiway.

A question for someone who might know: For a while, tower and ground knew what ramp and gate you were parking even before landing. I assume that is still the case. Can Ramp track inbounds, possibly with ground based radar or a repeater, so they know you are approaching ramp entry?
heres the way I handle it when ATL is busy....leave ground up on #1 and have the FO call ramp on #2 long before you get to the entry point for the ramp (say somewhere around the ramp prior to yours). Works really well. Big picture folks....big picture.:)

This way if ground needs to give further instructions, you still have them tuned in and can comply and gives lots of extra time to check in with a busy ramp.

I don't think they can tell WHO is coming for their ramp but they usually know that there is someone approching the ramp from one of the taxiways.

Yup, it's everywhere! Unfortunately! Seems the worst-of-the-worst have joined the professional pilot career. Long gone are the old days. Just look at FlightInfo......just seven years ago it used to be good discussions of aerodynamics, or even quantum physics. Now it's just a bunch of 23 year-olds claiming their regional is better than another. The former frequent FlightInfo visitors (the intelligent ones) dont even come on here anymore. Now it's just lame.
I think it's a generational thing. (Oh my god, I never thought I'd say that, but I guess I'm old now!)

Speaking of which, is TIS still on a message board somewhere?

It's not Comair's call on what you do in your cabin, wait it's your Captains cabin. He just allows you to work back there.
Delta calls the shots. Not Comair. So do as you're told. Fold Belts. Clean the cabin. Take out the trash and shut your mouth. This aint the old days when FA's were actually good looking, skinny, females and pampered.
And no, I won't help you. I have my own stuff I have to do. I do enough by dragging your 4-5 bags up the stairs because you're too old, overweight and weak.

I thought about it for .....5 minutes and yes Delta is satan. If i give Delta 3 inches in my contract they will call it 8. Just wait when the "New Delta" nonunion employees get ********************ed... and No I am not old overwight or weak. I am a team player and can move my own travelpro from point a to point b. " Most all ASA captains are great and the back belongs to the f/a's and we have good rapport sorry if you do not and you get stuck with the old , weak, ugly ones. I had a captain so fat he could not fit through the door once so I feel your pain

I guess some people are unaware of the 90/10 rule...

Latest resources

Back