• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

An ASA Crew Bashing Comair

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard an ASA crew bashing Comair the other day in CVG. Basically hoping for Comair's "demise". I thought ASA and Comair were "allies". Comair pilots supported ASA for a new contract for a long time.

What does ASA have to gain by Comair's extinction? This was probably an isolated incident (I hope).

Thanks,

T

The ASA guy was probably provoked by a wisecrack from a Comair pilot. I would be surprised if he just announced something out of the blue. Most of us have compassion for what you are going through and we hope it does not happento us.

Last edited:
I heard an ASA crew bashing Comair the other day in CVG. Basically hoping for Comair's "demise". I thought ASA and Comair were "allies". Comair pilots supported ASA for a new contract for a long time.

What does ASA have to gain by Comair's extinction? This was probably an isolated incident (I hope).

Thanks,

T

This wouldn't be the same ASA crew who just after pushing were yelled at by a Comair crew behind them for not moving fast enough? This was also immediately after the CVG ramp controller instructed the ASA crew to turn onto the line and hold.

Maybe it was the ASA crew who was recently yelled at by a Comair crew for entering the ramp "without a clearance", yet Ground and Tower are the only two "controlled" entities. The ramp controller is not employed by the FAA and thereby has no real authority.

I guess what I'm getting at is that we're not all angels out there. Not that ASA pilots are angels, but more than likely the situation was provoked. Granted, we do have some winners that would open their mouths over anything, too.

I love goin to CVG as a F/A at ASA and this shi? ain't my job..... You do not do trash, you do not cross seat belts, no catering....No problem.... No job. It Suc?? to be you

Sorry honey...but that all disappeared while Comair was in BANKRUPTCY. And those people LOST their jobs! You can thank DELTA for that...not Comair. Why don't you try working for a company that gets dragged through bankruptcy by your parent company and see how you like it...

Now sit there and complain. Good day.

Last edited:
I love goin to CVG as a F/A at ASA and this shi? ain't my job..... You do not do trash, you do not cross seat belts, no catering....No problem.... No job. It Suc?? to be you
It's not Comair's call on what you do in your cabin, wait it's your Captains cabin. He just allows you to work back there.
Delta calls the shots. Not Comair. So do as you're told. Fold Belts. Clean the cabin. Take out the trash and shut your mouth. This aint the old days when FA's were actually good looking, skinny, females and pampered.
And no, I won't help you. I have my own stuff I have to do. I do enough by dragging your 4-5 bags up the stairs because you're too old, overweight and weak.

It's not Comair's call on what you do in your cabin, wait it's your Captains cabin. He just allows you to work back there.
Delta calls the shots. Not Comair. So do as you're told. Fold Belts. Clean the cabin. Take out the trash and shut your mouth. This aint the old days when FA's were actually good looking, skinny, females and pampered.
And no, I won't help you. I have my own stuff I have to do. I do enough by dragging your 4-5 bags up the stairs because you're too old, overweight and weak.

Well, in fairness, the ASA FAs have some things in their contract (such as not having to empty the trash) that the CVG station doesn't do. So it becomes a standoff if you have a somewhat militant FA as to who will get the aircraft ready.

Really, this is ASA's fault, since they know full well what the FA contract is and yet they don't make arrangements at contracted stations.

Well, in fairness, the ASA FAs have some things in their contract (such as not having to empty the trash) that the CVG station doesn't do. So it becomes a standoff if you have a somewhat militant FA as to who will get the aircraft ready.

Really, this is ASA's fault, since they know full well what the FA contract is and yet they don't make arrangements at contracted stations.

Then why should the F/A jump on the roller coaster, if she is not required or responsible? Pride, maybe.

This wouldn't be the same ASA crew who just after pushing were yelled at by a Comair crew behind them for not moving fast enough? This was also immediately after the CVG ramp controller instructed the ASA crew to turn onto the line and hold.

Maybe it was the ASA crew who was recently yelled at by a Comair crew for entering the ramp "without a clearance", yet Ground and Tower are the only two "controlled" entities. The ramp controller is not employed by the FAA and thereby has no real authority.
I could be wrong on this, but I doubt it! Like alot of other airports, the FAA can give ramp control to the Company or the airport. I would imagine that it has the same requirements and responsibilities on the pilot--and exposure if something goes wrong. So to say ramp control has no real authority is presumptive. The ramp controllers in ATL work for the city/airport. Try ignoring them the next time you enter the ramp.

I guess what I'm getting at is that we're not all angels out there. Not that ASA pilots are angels, but more than likely the situation was provoked. Granted, we do have some winners that would open their mouths over anything, too.

Who wants to be an angel?

Who wants to be an angel?

No clue what you had going on there in the blue, but that's not in my original post and I never wrote that.

BTW, I have entered that ATL ramp numerous times without talking to them first when the frequency is congested and I can't get a word in. There is no reason why anyone should block the progress of Ground Control simply because they can't get a word in with Ramp. I never said ignore them, did I?

Latest resources

Back