• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMW Pilots - 5 yrs, 2.5 yrs prison time

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hope that everyone that gets in a car and drives after 1 or 21 beers gets 5 years as well. No sense in endangering every family that a drunk drives by.

The USA.

Land of the free and home of the brave.

We have more people in prison- both total numbers and per capita- than any other country in the world.

Let's throw some more in the slammer. Nothing gets legislators and judges elected like being tough on crime.

We have more people in prison b/c our prisons aren't that bad. Cable, three square meals, showers, work-out facilites, great medical, dental care, etc.
Other countries just chop off a hand for burgulary, no prison time for you, no wasting the taxpayers' hard earned money on cable tv for you, please put your hand here on this block. Other countries are far tougher on crime than america is. We are more concerned about the prisoner's rights than we are about the victims rights.

Flying Illini said:
We are more concerned about the prisoner's rights than we are about the victims rights.
At least someone see's the light. Sometimes I feel as though I am drowning in a world of liberal wusses that are always scared to death that we are being "mean" to the poor people who knowingly commited crimes.

I think the sentances are great. I can't remember how many bloody messes caused by drunks I've had to clean up after they have plowed their car into a family or some poor sap who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Almost every one of these drunks end up walking away without a single injury.

Now, here we have a couple of "professional" pilots (clearly they are not) who are taking how many lives into their own hands, and they can't help themselves enough to do it sober?

Lock'em up - throw away the key.

Could we maybe say, "Democracy (or at least the freedoms we enjoy here in the U.S.), the cause of, and solution to, all of this country's problems?"

Victims always get the short stick, and there is something seriously wrong with that. Sometimes the ACLU just makes me want to hurt someone. I wonder if they would fight for a prisoner's rights if that criminal killed one of their (ACLU leaders') family members? If they didn't help the criminal out, they would be hippocrites, if they did, they would be helping the killer of a member of their family...maybe then, and probably ONLY then, would they begin to see how wrong their ways have been.

Illini wrote: "Sometimes the ACLU just makes me want to hurt someone. I wonder if they would fight for a prisoner's rights if that criminal killed one of their (ACLU leaders') family members? If they didn't help the criminal out, they would be hippocrites, if they did, they would be helping the killer of a member of their family...maybe then, and probably ONLY then, would they begin to see how wrong their ways have been."

What exactly was the ACLU's role in this?

adfsdf

wrxpilot said:

I mean did they really think that they could get by and fly an a/c without someone eventually catching on.

I think we need to make our prisons more feared like the ones you hear about in third world countries that whip and torture you. Prisons should be a punishment not a glorified country club (camp cupcake and martha stuart) Its like someof these prisons are more modern than my old high school. But i second that we focus too much on prisoners rights than vicitms rights, after all shouldnt the prisoners lose their rights for screwing up?

BRIGADEAVIATOR said:
I mean did they really think that they could get by and fly an a/c without someone eventually catching on.

I think we need to make our prisons more feared like the ones you hear about in third world countries that whip and torture you. Prisons should be a punishment not a glorified country club (camp cupcake and martha stuart) Its like someof these prisons are more modern than my old high school. But i second that we focus too much on prisoners rights than vicitms rights, after all shouldnt the prisoners lose their rights for screwing up?

Here's some food for thought...

Probation Kiosks.

Home Arrest.

The jails and prisons are operating above capacity, so instead of locking them up, they are getting probation kiosks to check in...it's sort of like an ATM that uses biometrics and pin. Once a week or whenever specified, the parolee or or probationer just goes to where one of the probation kiosks is, puts a palm print on it and answers the usuall battery of questions a probation officer would ask. If the person owes a fine, they can then swipe their credit card through the card reader and make a payment.

House arrest...that's pretty self explanatory. If you're interested in the house arrest programs in your state, city or county...just do a www.google.com using that location in the search with home arrest program as the other search phrase.

Latest resources

Back