• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amtran to the boneyard today - QUESTION

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What's the data for two engine op's? Maybe get a ferry permit from the local FSDO and shut the center one down - Satpak77, please post if you ever hear how much $$ they had left.

Baja.

low fuel light nothing...
id be gliding it in .. never said you had to taxi it to the. just clear of the runway at the airport.

That's silly. Take the 200K, go home. Invest the 200K in an offshore trust account. When the lawyers show up say that your Boss told you it was your severance package and that your Boss is supposed to get 500K.

Your Boss has lost his job, what do you think he's going to say when they subpoena him? What is a jury of the peers (in my case, City of Atlanta folks with nothing better to do thant jury duty for $30 a day - think folks who could not cut it at the Wendys at Concourse C) going to decide?

Don't forget to pay taxes on the 200K. Move to an island while the case is on appeal.... get a job as a bartender making twice what airlines pay widebody Captains these days.... rinse, wash, repeat.

Checklist complete

Option2: Sell a commodities contract for a quarter million pounds of aluminum. Tell the buyer to come get his airplane.

Last edited:
Just found out that ATA gave the crew 200K cash to pay for fuel, told them "get it to Pinal" and we don't care how you get it there.

Crew picked cheapest Jet-A enroute and anything left over went to them, with agreement of ATA, since they were jobless anyway.

Kind of a severance package....

shoot, you can get a lot of nose candy for that kind of cash. I'd start snorting, and bail out as soon as they flamed out.

There but for the Grace of God go I. The very best to those out there who lost positions at these carriers. Hope to see you back in the sky ASAP.

200K buys quite a bit of gas, maybe fill 'er up and go untill sunrise :)

200K buys quite a bit of gas, maybe fill 'er up and go untill sunrise :)

Jet-A in the San Angelo area is $4.75 ish.

200,000 / 4.75 = 42,105 gallons

What does a DC-10 burn to fly 560 NM which is SJT direct Pinal ?

Last edited:
Fuel sure is light in Texas, huh?
I'll have another Coors Light.

Ahhhh, ya changed it. I did not think that 42000 gallons weighed 6300#.

Last edited:
Oh man, what a put-down! Did it take you all day to come up with that one?

ESPRIT

both your sarcasm and arrogance are misplaced. that was more than an appropriate reply.

(as if it deserved more......retard)

Latest resources

Back