• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR's Counter to APA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That article is indicative of a bunch of local idiots who have no clue as to what their reporting. They understand neither the issues nor ramifications.

My advice is to DISREGARD.

For all you AA and AE people out there: here is some intel for you.

I know someone very, very high in AMR management. I spoke with him yesterday about bankruptcy and the future of American.

The bankruptcy filing will happen.

It will happen much sooner than those predictions based upon cash reserved divided by daily cash burn.

AMR management intends to use the filing to strong arm APA into accepting a large pay cut and less favorable work rules (i.e. more flying time per month). AA pilots are the number one target on AMR's bankruptcy radar screen.

Stone cold lock.

It would seem that AMR makes it company policy to pit AA against AE and work both groups against each other for their own benefit.

Wouldn't surprise me, huge corps do that sort of thing all the time.

That completely misses the point...

The one thing I keep seeing is the massive losses AMR is suffering. All other points aside, American Airlines business plan is broken and cutting pilot pay 1/3 isn't going to fix it. In fact, the pilots could fly for free and it wouldn't matter in the end.

As long as American and the other majors continue to run their businesses using 20 year old business plans, they will lose more and more money. Airlines used to be a high class, luxury afair with red carpets and high price service. Today they are the flying GreyHound Bus Service, the sooner they figure that out, the better of we'll all be.

Southwest figured this out 30 years ago, JetBlue seems to have recently figured it out as well, shame no one at the majors is paying any attention...

WW

mackinhoes said:
For all you AA and AE people out there: here is some intel for you.

I know someone very, very high in AMR management. I spoke with him yesterday about bankruptcy and the future of American.

For all you American and Eagle guys and gals out there- "I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY VERY, VERY HGIH IN MANAGEMENT - IN FACT - I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY EVEN VERY,VERY LOW IN MANAGEMENT------ I JUST WANT TO POINT THAT OUT TO YOU - THANKS FOR YOUR TIME-"- MAX

Maxwell Smart said:

For all you American and Eagle guys and gals out there- "I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY VERY, VERY HGIH IN MANAGEMENT - IN FACT - I DON'T KNOW ANYBODY EVEN VERY,VERY LOW IN MANAGEMENT"- MAX

well, neither does mackinhoes, so you're not alone!

For anyone who wants to know something that significantly affects their career before it happens, you're welcome for the info.

For those that like to bury their head in the sand while all this happens, you get what you deserve. In case you did not notice, Managments at all the majors are winning the war against Alpa and APA and salaries are, in effect, freefalling. Hope you enjoy your busdriver pay.

Latest resources

Back