• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amr

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Once you've had a man with no legs, you ain't never going back.

Hopefully the AA pilots are getting their KMart applications filled out. I hear the hot dog stands have some openings.

Hopefully the AA pilots are getting their KMart applications filled out. I hear the hot dog stands have some openings.

I believe that Saks Fifth Avenue is the preferred choice of American Pilots.

On July 20, 2011, just two and half months ago, AMR placed the largest order of commercial jets in history. 465 planes.

AMR forced Boeing to make a decision concerning the small narrow body. Boeing decided to re-engine the 37 because of AMR and not go with the New Small Airplane (NSA).

Now what? Does Boeing and Airbus give AMR the financing it needs to recover from bankruptcy or loss the orders? What assets does AMR have to leverage for Debtor in Possession (DOB) financing?

And what about the recent SEC filing separating Eagle from the holding company.

AMR is in a really bad condition.

Oh rly?

I feel bad for pilots who've accepted recall and start training this week. Good luck to them!

Why feel bad for them?? They'll land on their feet AND they have much less to lose than the folks who've been with AA for a while. THEY'RE the ones you should feel for.

Why feel bad for them?? They'll land on their feet AND they have much less to lose than the folks who've been with AA for a while. THEY'RE the ones you should feel for.

Wrong line of thinking...Those returning most likely gave up another job to head back to AA...(wise or not??).... There is no guarantee theyll land on their feet in this really crap job market. Everyone who "may" lose their job is in for a crappy ride, feel sorry for them all....

I do however think they maybe should have thought twice about heading back to AA given that AA has never fully recovered from 9/11 layoffs while others have hired since then.

Wrong line of thinking...Those returning most likely gave up another job to head back to AA...(wise or not??).... There is no guarantee theyll land on their feet in this really crap job market. Everyone who "may" lose their job is in for a crappy ride, feel sorry for them all....

I do however think they maybe should have thought twice about heading back to AA given that AA has never fully recovered from 9/11 layoffs while others have hired since then.

Thank you, that's exactly how I feel. Some who accepted recall were at other fairly stable airlines and were senior. To accept recall was a dicey decision and I hope they made the right one.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back