AMR profit

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
furloughfodder said:
HAHA. Yes... eat the young...That is the APA motto. Remember..... APA was the first group of pilots to accept the B-Scale. They invented it with Crandell.

You're right, with one exception. United pilots actually agreed to the first post-deregulation bar-lowering contract, which was the opening salvo to B-scales. It was called Blue Skies, in 1981. Flat monthly salaries, increased hours, and less time off. Unfortunately, Ferris didn't fulfill his promise to grow the airline in exchange (until 1985 when he bought the Pan Am routes.)

Then, in 1982, APA agreed to the first official B-scales, and the race to the bottom resumed. However, Crando made good on his promise and grew the airline into the largest fleet, which resulted in record hiring, rapid advancement and quick upgrades. But the damage was already done.

Jeff Helgeson said:
...but if you really want to help, how about passing along some of those jumbo prawns from the inflight catering. Some of us have protein need!!!

Hey! That's not fair. I only got two prawns and two broiled scallops from the catering we got in ANC the other day. That greedy bastard in the back had the audacity to eat most of the seafood. The crew fillet did look pretty tender, though.

I did get a little payback though. I finished off the $400 bottle of wine in my hotel room later (he only had one glass from it)--and I had it over ice, too!
;) TC

tk855 said:
So what don't you like about this? I am suprised that it is as small as it is! Do you realize what kind of costs the "regional affiliate" is facing regarding the training of AA pilots that have elected flowback? Numerous training cycles have been created due to the contractual right of AA pilots flowing back. Numerous "expensive" training cycles that is.

tk
Not to mention the fact that the FAs are still in negotiations. Company has to play the "poverty card", doncha know!

LAXSaabdude.

Latest resources

Back