• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AMRCostUnit said:
Here is the part I don't like: Regional Affiliates -66m

Unit

So what don't you like about this? I am suprised that it is as small as it is! Do you realize what kind of costs the "regional affiliate" is facing regarding the training of AA pilots that have elected flowback? Numerous training cycles have been created due to the contractual right of AA pilots flowing back. Numerous "expensive" training cycles that is.

tk

Last edited:
I would like to offer to remain on furlough a little longer to try to help AA make even more money. :rolleyes: TC

Stan said:
No one is talking about how AMR and CAL both posted profits without the use of fuel hedging. While the only way SWA made a profit was from fuel hedging.
Stan:

Go back and read my thread on SWA profit. Read my last post as a response to Tazman. You will see they would have made a profit without the fuel hedge. The fuel hedge allowed them to pay a larger percentage on profit sharing and tax.

If you just look at it from a fuel hedge perspective it looks to be that way, but when you look at the gross profit - the fuel hedge + smaller tax number + smaller profit sharing, they make around $100M.:)

Stan said:
the only way SWA made a profit was from fuel hedging.

They made a solid forecast that put them in a position to buy those hedges. Sounds like a good business plan to me.

Hoot R. Hunter said:
Like perhaps the boys at CRAAPA delivering the next highly-coveted concessionary crown jewel.....preferential bidding......free of charge, of course. Got to save the company by ourselves, don't ya know.

All of the union officers I've talked to are HELL-BENT against Pref Bidding. I personally don't think it will fly. Big chunk of our paycheck/time off is thanks to bidding conflicts!

aa73 said:
Big chunk of our paycheck/time off is thanks to bidding conflicts!

Sure. Who WOULDN'T want to get paid to sit home and do nothing? It's the American (the country...not the airline) way. Do as little as you can for as long as you can afford it and for as long as you can get away with it. Then one day, when the free ride is over, you are pi$$ed at the world and wonder "what in the he!! do I do now?". Then you stumble through the rest of your life in some ramshackle state becuase you never learned how to make it on your own.

But of course, it was all someone ELSE'S fault.

Great post PSL, praticularly about the commodities market. W isn't doing us amy help in this department. "Quagmire" in Iraq is starting to look like the order of the day and additional Iraq oil will not be on line any time soon, if at all.

A general said "The fact of the matter is we can't lose in Iraq, it's also a fact that we can't win." The oil markets, a worldwide market, senses this and doesn't like the stability in Iraq, Saudia Arabia, and Venezuala for that matter.

Yank McCobb said:
Sure. Who WOULDN'T want to get paid to sit home and do nothing? It's the American (the country...not the airline) way. Do as little as you can for as long as you can afford it and for as long as you can get away with it. Then one day, when the free ride is over, you are pi$$ed at the world and wonder "what in the he!! do I do now?". Then you stumble through the rest of your life in some ramshackle state becuase you never learned how to make it on your own.

But of course, it was all someone ELSE'S fault.

I think you cracked the code....

However, I am proud to state that, despite never having seen the "free ride" you are talking about, my life is anything but the "ramshakle state" you describe.

And yes, I am 100% against PBS until all of our furloughees are recalled, and then only for something in return.

I'm a volunteer!

To bypass recall until I can hold a 777 slot. In LAX. And hold a line.

Realizing that is a slim chance, I will be happy flying out of my home airport and having a 20 minute commute until age 60.

P.S. NO PBS until all furloughees are recalled! Or in my case, bypassed. :D

Last edited:
aa73 said:
...And yes, I am 100% against PBS until all of our furloughees are recalled, and then only for something in return.

just curious,

do you feel that way when you or you fellow union brothers grab ALL that open time with 3000 people on the street?

Latest resources

Back