• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR Hits Back...FAs Get ASAP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
At Delta, Internationally, yes... many countries will fine you if you're not wearing one on the ramp.

Domestically...no.

Funny, our management told us that ALL US airlines require vests at all times these days. Did they actually LIE to us???!!! <SHOCKED>

Densoo,

The version of ASAP that the FA's got is worthless. The AA pilots turned it down. The highlights are that even if you think your covered, another "source" of any problem drops your coverage.
Another issue is using the computer flowchart program called "Just Culture" to decide if the report is vaild or not. The AA pilots weren't going to accept their "Flight Managers", who in the future, might be former FA's, using a computer questionaire to decide on complex discipline cases regarding a jet. My guess is the flowchart is alot shorther if you only deal with an incorrectly armed slide versus the entire jet attached to it.
Another was APA insisting on the unaminous agreement of 3 parties, (AA/FAA/APA), to have an ASAP report accepted along with it's pilot protections. AA wanted just to have 2 out of 3 to reject a report. Figure out that one with AA.

I'd say look at FA screw up from the eyes of a 13 year old. There is no guarantee of immunity if you confess, someone reports you, or if they just don't like their discipline quota rate so low.

They'll learn real fast to keep their mouths shut. AA just did this for window dressing for liability cases.

Exactly why I hate going to YUL and YWG.... those stupid vests we have to carry in our hand while doing a walkaround in -20f temperatures.....

Just wait until a FA fills out an ASAP for the cockpit door flying open on take-off, or the FA told the Captain about a cabin sign being burned out and he said we'd fix it when we get back to the hub.

Now the pilots can be incriminated by the FA ... I don't like the looks of that.

Latest resources

Back