AMR Hits Back...FAs Get ASAP

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

densoo

APA spokesman Scott Shankland said, "We're having to remind pilots not to skip on procedures because they could be reported by a flight attendant for breach of procedure."
http://www.tulsaworld.com/business/article.aspx?subjectid=45&articleid=20090124_45_E1_Americ63915

Talk about playing hard ball. APA pilots backed out of ASAP because AMR was trying to use it against them, so AMR turns around and gives another employee group the power to do it for them. I doubt the FAs would do anything with it, but even the APA spokesman has to warn the pilots to watch out.

AMR is begging for a walkout. Between their negotiating tactics, stupid ramp vests, FA/ASAP and sick-leave witch-hunts it's gettin' to be that time.

TC

The AA pilots will not walk out. It has been proved time and time again that we will bend over and take anything. We have no limits. They could give the AA pilots a 60 percent paycut and wipe out their pensions, and they would still go to work. We are our own worse enemy.

And the horse you rode in on, hockeypilot. Don't think we'll walk? Oh ye of little faith....

Now, the REAL question is, how long will our walkout last?

And speaking of safety vests, do your airlines use them?

AA has just announced that they will be providing 10,000 + safety vests for ALL pilots who HAVE to wear them anytime they are outside on the ramp. (As opposed to stocking only 1200 or so vests for the whole fleet.)

AA has just announced that they will be providing 10,000 + safety vests for ALL pilots who HAVE to wear them anytime they are outside on the ramp. (As opposed to stocking only 1200 or so vests for the whole fleet.)

Classic. Don't fix real safety problems, just issue more outerwear. Are the rampers running over lots of pilots at AMR?

Classic. Are the rampers running over lots of pilots at AMR?

No but I bet they've been told to rat out any pilot they see doing a walkaround without a vest.

I'm going to a costume store and get one with big, multi-colored flowers on it. (And maybe some big, floppy shoes and a red ball to stick on my nose...)

TC

No but I bet they've been told to rat out any pilot they see doing a walkaround without a vest.

I'm going to a costume store and get one with big, multi-colored flowers on it. (And maybe some big, floppy shoes and a red ball to stick on my nose...)

TC

This being FI we fully expect high-quality, on-location photos of that!

The AA pilots will not walk out. It has been proved time and time again that we will bend over and take anything. We have no limits. They could give the AA pilots a 60 percent paycut and wipe out their pensions, and they would still go to work. We are our own worse enemy.

stfu ******************************

At Delta, Internationally, yes... many countries will fine you if you're not wearing one on the ramp.

Domestically...no.

Latest resources

Back