Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR - Dallas Base - Very senior or what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Philly is not that bad—it's what you make of it.

I've spent a couple years living in Downtown Philly and 40 minutes Southwest in the country side. The people are remarkably kinder than NYC and it's kind of cool living where the United States formed it's roots.

The city of Philadelphia, like US Airways, has reach rock bottom—and it's solid. ;)

Clearly your bar is set quite low. I pick up trash everyday from these filthy locals. Then again my other houses are in LAS and SAN.

aa73 & LaGarbage Man thank you both kindly. I might hit you both up once I get my stuff in order. It would be fulfilling a career dream albeit later than I would have preferred since I rode IDE down. NJA is a fine outfit in it's own right but morale is in the toilet since we were served Section 6 with concessionary overtures. I'm looking to possibly make a move out of here.

Clearly your bar is set quite low. I pick up trash everyday from these filthy locals. Then again my other houses are in LAS and SAN.

Well, you are correct there. I live in University City and its amazing what lack of pride there is at times in keeping the sidewalks clean.

Thanks for the info on Bolivia trips. What seniority are trips to Santiago/Buenos Aires out of MIA?

SUPER Senior.. With a Capital "S".

MIA-EZE is all 777 now, 3 flts a day. The plum is the 1030am departure - day trip down, day trip back. I think both F/Os on that trip can hold CA anywhere in the system. ;)

MIA-SCL is a 763, 2 flts a day, also very senior even though they are both double red eyes. SCL is an awesome city, so is MVD, another very senior 763 trip.

MIA-Europe is also at the top of the list. CDG, MAD and BCN on the 763, with LHR on the 777.

Basically, any trip that goes to Europe or deep south out of MIA is very senior. For some reason, that type of flying appeals to a lot of folks. And they are all senior to me which is just fine by me... as long as they stay off the Caribbean I'm a happy camper.

Quite simply, my long term philosophy as an airline pilot is that the more senior, and older, I get, the more body-friendly flying I plan on doing. The way it SHOULD work is that you do all the long haul, int'l flying when you're young, and when you are near retirement you simply do domestic turns or staying on your own body clock, sleeping in your own bed every night.

Instead, it seems to be the other way around - you start off doing the easy flying when young, and the incredibly hard flying when nearing retirement. It is completely lopsided, and maybe explains why US airline pilots may have a shorter life span after retirement.

In my last few years, I plan on simply being a narrowbody CA flying domestic turns or easy 2 day domestic trips. All that 14hr long haul "super seniority" crap will definitely take its toll on you at that age. I guess I've already started that process by only flying same-time-zone stuff (Caribbean.)

Last edited:
Well, you are correct there. I live in University City and its amazing what lack of pride there is at times in keeping the sidewalks clean.

Not to mention in UC, you have to be concerned with verbal assaults and threats from John Bernard.

Latest resources

Back