Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR - Dallas Base - Very senior or what?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does DFW run as an AMR base? I would expect it is quite senior.

It is the only AMR base I would be happy living in, is why I'm asking. Anyone got any ideas?

Yes, this is not a near term proposition, chillax.

Thanks!

For folks coming from PHX it is veeerrrry senior. :D

Dallas? Senior? As a lifelong Texan I can't thing of a more horrible place to call home than Dallas. Well, Houston. San Antonio. Del Rio. Lubbock. Conroe. There's a lot of really f u c k ed up places in Texas!

Please explain, Denny. I don't know why you would say that, but I'd like to.

For the short term yes, long term no, thank God. Philly is Ghetto!

Not defending Philly or anything (I live 50 miles north and that is as close as I want to get) but it's not like the other bases AAA/AWE/AMR have tons of people being chauffeured around in a Rolls Royce Tug asking if you have any Grey Poupon while you do your walk around.

Last edited:
Philly is not that bad—it's what you make of it.

I've spent a couple years living in Downtown Philly and 40 minutes Southwest in the country side. The people are remarkably kinder than NYC and it's kind of cool living where the United States formed it's roots.

The city of Philadelphia, like US Airways, has reach rock bottom—and it's solid. ;)

That trip tends to go somewhat senior. However I've seen it in open time plenty of times for both the FO and FB.

VVI is flown by the regulars who love that, ahem, style of trip... it is a 23:00ish departure from MIA-LPB and then a tag leg to VVI arriving around 8am. 3 man operation. On the next day it flies straight back from VVI-MIA and the FB deadheads back (flt time is less than 8hrs.)

Never done it and never plan on doing it: way too much work, what with having to don O2 masks for landing in LPB as well as the walkaround - all that after an all nighter? Ugh! However, the VVI layover is quite nice from what I'm told.

I just hit 40 and am flying at NJA as 7yr FO. Always wanted to fly at AA since the formative years at Atlantic Coast. We currently live in Dallas (and love it) however I'm beginning to wonder should I try my hand at AA again after 14 years? Is that FO scale going to change for new hires after the merger is completed? Don't mind commuting to MIA or NYC for a year.

Blueridge if you live in DFW and NJ isn't cutting it for you, I'd say go for it. The retirements alone at this place absolutely skyrocket starting around 2015, in fact I believe AA/US has the highest planned retirements out of all the US airlines for the next 15 years.

Throw in (competent) airline management that plans on GROWING this place and finally taking advantage of the opportunities a stagnant AA has, and I think this place will once again become a good place to hang your hat. It sounds like we should start hiring sometime later this year. The morale here is SLOWLY changing.

Regarding pay, once the merger is complete we will start working on a JCBA which should bring new hire pay up to par with DL/UA, amongst other improvements.

We are finally starting to see light at the end of the tunnel here and it is not a train. I feel cautiously optimistic about the new AA, so does Wall St and most of the airline analysts. It's about time, the past 10yrs have absolutely sucked.

PS I would be glad to help a fellow Blue Ridger!

ACA '98-'00

Latest resources

Back