• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR can abandon pilots' union contract -judge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AA was one of the most desirable airlines to get hired by in the '80's second only to Delta...

AA was one of the most desirable airlines to get hired by in the '80's second only to Delta...

Absolutely. But they were still not necessarily the highest paid.

UsAir, had some of the highest rates ( at one point, THE highest I believe ) in the Industry in the late 80's.

I had great hair in the 80's, and Southwest was a low paid, "stepping-stone", glorified commuter job.

My, how things change...

YKW

Last edited:

UsAir, had some of the highest rates ( at one point, THE highest I believe ) in the Industry in the late 80's.

I had great hair in the 80's, and Southwest was a low paid, "stepping-stone", glorified commuter job.

My, how things change...

YKW

That is pretty funny....and sad...and true.
(At least the hair part for me)

My, how things change...

YKW

It will continue to change. I believe that Southwest will become less and less desirable, but who knows?

Why is the rest of your life in a FLUF bouncing around the states so desirable anyway, not that it's bad, but what's the attraction??????

Reading some of the APA emails, looks like a very hostile, pilot-firing environment is festering there, not at all a good place to work at the moment,,,

Latest resources

Back