• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR can abandon pilots' union contract -judge

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This maybe an aside, but does abrogating the contract also mean the end of all recall rights?

Not trying to stir the pot but if I were an ex-Reno or TWA pilot, I would'nt feel too much obligation to support the Allied pilot group.

This maybe an aside, but does abrogating the contract also mean the end of all recall rights?

Not unless the company imposes those terms. Nothing has changed yet, but AMR has permission to change the terms of the existing agreement. Early next week AMR is supposed to meet with APA to tell them what they will do to their contract.

Last edited:
Because historically, a professional pension manager controlling a billion dollar fund has done better than the average 401K individual investor. In fact, they did so well that pension funds became profit centers for big corporations before the managers decided to raid the pensions. I could explain further, but you really should just read the book. It's a real eye-opener.

This^^^

Retirement Heist should be required reading for all airline employees.

Not trying to stir the pot but if I were an ex-Reno or TWA pilot, I would'nt feel too much obligation to support the Allied pilot group.

With all due respect, yes you are.

Reno and TWA are ancient history. No matter what heartburn those memories may cause, they are irrelevant to what is happening to APA pilots now. Management's abuse of bankruptcy regulation to gain leverage on both the competition and labor is the problem, not what one pilot group did or did not do to another.

Until pilots realize that was is happening to one of us is happening to all, we as a profession will continue to take it up the a$$ from management.

When will we realize we are all in this together? The paint scheme of the jet really has no bearing what so ever on the quality of the crew within and the size of one's wallet is determined not by superior flying skill but purely by random chance of having been at the right place at the right time.

Maybe if we stopped bashing each other long enough, we may recognize the real adversary as the folks sporting $100.00 silk ties and cufflinks rather than the ones happening to be wearing a different shade of polyester.

Last edited:
Reno and TWA are ancient history. No matter what heartburn those memories may cause, they are irrelevant to what is happening to APA pilots now.

Dismissing history almost inevitably leads to it being repeated. The choices pilots make, irrevocably alter the landscape of the profession. Withholding apologies and forgiveness ensures that those same pilots can never harness their cooperative strength to make improvements and mitigate what was lost.

Let me tell ya about it...

Dismissing history almost inevitably leads to it being repeated......Let me tell ya about it...

Where in my post am I suggesting any history is or should be dismissed? I just think that the gloating and Schadenfreude exhibited by some of our fellow pilots are in no way helpful or appropriate.

In other words:

The choices pilots make, irrevocably alter the landscape of the profession.Withholding apologies and forgiveness ensures that those same pilots can never harness their cooperative strength to make improvements and mitigate what was lost.
:)

I knew a couple of ex-controllers who crossed the picket line at Eastern. Frankly, after Duffy and ALPA's response to the PATCO strike I couldn't blame them. Yep, we all stick together or wait to hit bottom. This might seem like a non-seqiter however it's hard to support any group that refuses to support others.

I think there's a TV show out there about a guy who goes around finding the folks he wronged and asking for forgiveness. Perhaps the APA, CAL, NWA, TWA, USAPA, and ALPA could make guest appearances.

Maybe if we stopped bashing each other long enough, we may recognize the real adversary as the folks sporting $100.00 silk ties and cufflinks rather than the ones happening to be wearing a different shade of polyester.

My favorite quote of the year...applies to everyone of us...

Latest resources

Back