• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMR, American & American Eagle Now Agree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Call and listen to your union hotline 1-800 APA-PILO.
Or check you APA e-mail
This tell how they are not going to count EX in the ASM block hour calculation as long as there in negotiations. They start DEC 5 and go 5 days a week tell they agree on somthing.
Stay tuned.

American Airlines Vice President Employee Relations Jeff Brundage—management has proposed delaying the sale of Executive while the current discussions between APA and management go forward. In exchange for delaying the sale, APA has agreed to grant management’s request for interim relief concerning the ASMs, block hours and Revenue Passenger Miles attributable to Executive while we explore mutually acceptable alternatives.

This doesn't give Eagle free reign on growth. Long live scope!!! The Cap will prevail!!! I hope.

This is all premature. APA and AMR will not even START discussing the issue for another 10 days.

AOPA is making WILD assumptions.

Flyn'

You may not understand the issues at hand. It seems to me you will be yellin' "long live scope" until AA's fleet consists of 1 777 and a couple of broken-down Folkers. AMR WILL find a way around SCOPE. It already has and it will continue to. Eagle WILL continue to take AA's routes, and the Connections WILL continue to take our routes, until we both put a stop to it. Personally, I am not against SCOPE, I see the reason it was created...job security. But when you are dealing with a organization who really doesn't care what contract it signed.....the situation changes. The fact that you didn't know that APA lifted part of the ASM cap tells me that you may not be up to speed on the current events we are dealing with. Go to APA's website. The first thing that you will see is the new Unity banner between APA and Eagle ALPA. (I personally almost fell off my chair when I saw it) It is clear that APA is finally starting to realize that we must both throw down against (or work with) the company to protect ALL of us AMR pilots. I hope this is the case and APA is not just after the RJ's. (Although this is a definite possibility). Lord knows we have been sold down the river before. Whatever the case, perhaps it may be in everybody's best interest to change with the times, get all of the facts, and look at things with an open mind. Just my opinion, I may be wrong.

A "Unity-Banner"? I have a VERY strong suspicion that the APA is out to gets its' hands on most, if not all of the RJ flying at Eagle. If you think for one second that the APA would not like to see its' furloughed pilots in the left-hand seat of every jet that Eagle flies, you need only look to the USAIRWAYS Jets for Jobs program. I am an ALPA member, and if my own union will attempt to sell me down the river, I can assure you that the APA will do it twice.

Wild

Baseless

Speculation

By

Marginally

Informed

People

Assuming

Forgone

Conclusions

....Wait a few weeks, then everyone can flap away.

Latest resources

Back