AMR, American & American Eagle Now Agree

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

AOPAPILOT

The scope clause is history. An agreement has been reached between American Airlines and American Eagle that will void the scope clause and allow Eagle to resume hiring. Part of the agreement is to keep the Executive Airline division in Miami and San Juan. No longer will Eagle be held to no new hires because of American furloughed pilots still on the streets. Eagle needs to grow and American needs the revenue generated by Eagle. Hopefully it is a win-win for both sides.

Last edited:
Yeah, and that only took a little over a year to work out. What a mess!

Good luck to all those at Eagle. Hopefully this will mean more recalls...a lot of those on the street weren't qualified enough to get on with other carriers and are waiting patienty.

I enjoyed my time there....good training, good people, crappy management.

The scope clause is history. The cap that has held Eagle down will go by the wayside. More news to follow. Executive Jet will remain in the Eagle family along with the Miami and the San Juan bases. As soon as I get the straight scoop, I will relay what the results are.

Man I wish Executive Jet was in the Eagle family.

The scope is alive and well, as it should be. the ASM hold by APA is just an ollive branch to AMR management while section 6 negotations start in December.

No, there is no hiring at Eagle yet. There are still over 200 people awaiting recall. There are no plans for more recalls.

Reality

In the end, reality prevailed. The sale of Executive was a sure sign that American was not going to waiver on the issue and it was more practical to get Eagle going than watch as it was diminished further.

WHile scope may not be dead, it is on life support because everyone found out it did not really serve anyone when the chips were down.

I'd love to know where you guys are getting this info that the APA has given into AA on the ASM Cap? I'm an APA member and haven't seen anything.

Latest resources

Back