• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMFA NWA mechs to vote on new proposal

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
IMO, the AMFA acomplisihed a big fat zero!

Their walk-out was essentially for nothing. And that is sad. All the mechanics did was put themselves and their families in financial hardship, all for some pipe dream of holding a company hostage.

$hit, they didn't even get unemployment benefits. Real swift move there folks!

To bad. Those mechanics knew what they were getting into, they didn't have to walk or honor the picket lines. Now the union is wringing its hands wondering how much money they can steal from 500 people. Now excuse me while I put on my flame proof suit.

Meanwhile many where lauding the AMFA for taking a stand and defending the profession.....

It sure feels good to tell the company to pound sand....including the 15 minutes afterwards.....

Remaining at the table were decisions are made.....lacks the instant gratification we're conditioned to. It is boring, but it is how business is done...

T-handle said:
Mechanics at Northwest Airlines will vote on a contract that might save only 500 of the 4,100 jobs that union members held when they went on strike Aug. 19

Not that anyone gives a poop, but AMFA, or whatever is left of it, did NOT send it out for vote by it's members.

Ohhhhh...big sureprise.

Hopefully, they will simply blow away in the dust.

Good for AMFA vote no, NWA is a Scab airline run by and worked with scabs. When NWA is in out of business all the other unions will be crying. Like it or not should have supported the other uinons at NWA, Rember no one cares what you use to do in the unemployment line.

pw4000 said:
Good for AMFA vote no, NWA is a Scab airline run by and worked with scabs. When NWA is in out of business all the other unions will be crying. Like it or not should have supported the other uinons at NWA, Rember no one cares what you use to do in the unemployment line.

Huh?!?

skydivinguy said:

Skydivingguy, PW400 isn't from around here...this person is likely one of Harriet Miers' "racial set-asides" and clearly one that never grasped english.

PRly works for the TSA!

ultrarunner said:
IMO, the AMFA acomplisihed a big fat zero!

Their walk-out was essentially for nothing. And that is sad. All the mechanics did was put themselves and their families in financial hardship, all for some pipe dream of holding a company hostage.

$hit, they didn't even get unemployment benefits. Real swift move there folks!

I'm not a union guy at all, so I have to agree....AMFA sold you all up the river. So much for them being a panacea! I read in that article from the Star Tribune that AMFA wants to hand out flyers about Doris Kearns Goodwin at her book signings around the country?? That really helps put food on the table...what a joke!!

Wow... pretty interesting posts.. You folks are a bit off on the union thing. How the heck do you plan on keeping working conditions liveable ? Securtiy, retirement, health care, and seniority. Security for your family ?

I'm sure the Company would love to just pay you what they want and change the rules every week depending on oil prices and C check schedules ?

I worked at a overhaul hangar in Miami while I was on reserve at American Eagle as a Saab FO..... Big Bucks.. Yeah right..... had to have a second job to pay the bills.

Anyway.. I turned wrenches on old DC-8's partime in a 'sweat shop' .. On pay days, the mechanics all ran down to the bank to cash their checks..?

Not good... No health care, No benefits, No overtime, No seniority, No vacation, No advancement, No lunch room, No disability insurance, Nothing...
If you fell off the wing cause it had a bit of Kero on it... Well too bad !

Is this what you guys think is appropriate..? How bout you work for an outfit for many years and they just throw ya to the curb... No vote,,,, No TA ... Nothing.... You may not like the Unions... But in the airline business... they are an absolute necessity for the working fella... period.....

Dont be ignorant, and sign up rhetoric that has no validity. You better have some representation... or you will end up like Home Depot workers on a sunny Sat morning...

Latest resources

Back