• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amf

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Didn't mean to sound confrontational, more humble than sarcastic because I don't know a ton about the CVG base. But really, folks can get some pretty sweet jobs going out of AMF.

Actually, time builder isn't wrong at all. CVG pilots are indeed finding jobs in shiny new jets.

And yes, Boris, bad schedules is the reason that most TDY pilots don't want to return, and management (operations) making assumptions that a pilot can come in 3 hours early, or 6 hours late and still work 16 hours straight.

How's training going, Tony?

OK, I'm a little dense, so bear with me. As a 135 op, isn't 14 hours your max duty? And you say TDY pilots. Is CVG not a permanent base, but just a TDY through which the unlucky are cycled? If so tell your bosses you know a guy from the internet who would love to fly a metro for them in covington. Great stick, nice guy, good with children...

You have to be able to look back 24 hours from the end of a flight segment and find 9 hours of consecutive rest. That can be reduced to 8, but you have to get 10 hours of rest in the next 24 hours. Sooo, 15 hours is the norm and 16 is not unusual. And if you dsire to fly Metro's from CVG (which you'll rarely see) your name is on a disturbingly short and sad list.

You have to be able to look back 24 hours from the end of a flight segment and find 9 hours of consecutive rest. That can be reduced to 8, but you have to get 10 hours of rest in the next 24 hours. Sooo, 15 hours is the norm and 16 is not unusual. And if you dsire to fly Metro's from CVG (which you'll rarely see) your name is on a disturbingly short and sad list.

That list may be short, but not as short as the number of games Texas won against the Cats this year :)

How's da flex treating ya?

Get your shots in while you can. Just remember that when y'all are in the middle of another coaching search in '08 we'll be making another title run.

Flex is still going well. My 6 month recurrent is coming up in a few weeks, and I'm off reserve now. I'm not flying right now though as a have a minor medical deal that's keeping me sidelined for the next week or so. I saw the new Metro checklists, and sat down and tried to remember FFOD stuff and some basic calls. Wasn't very pretty. Ofcourse, that's what my captain's say after all of my legs these days. We'll have to hook up again so you can drub me in golf. Tell the gang I said hello, and when you check in to the hotel with the greasy spoon think of me.

Latest resources

Back