• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Amf

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
KSU, Beech, do I have to separate you two?? I swear, you're just like two kids. ;

When compared age-wise to some pilots we are just a couple of kids.

So just to clarify....if you do get the CVG base in the Metro, what are schedules really like? Are you really never there?

Just the basics. Sitting on call at the crew rest facility for 15 hours a day until a trip is sold. Fly to destination, off load, and then sit ready at that airport for 15 hours a day until a return trip can be sold to get the aircraft back to CVG or the next paying destination. AMF is a great company, but they're doing everything they can to hang on to that base and anyone considering a position there should go in with their eyes wide open. OTOH, if you really need to be on the lamb or just away from your significant other for prolonged periods then it's just what you are looking for. KSU could speak more intelligently on the subject than I.

So just to clarify....if you do get the CVG base in the Metro, what are schedules really like? Are you really never there?

Schedule is 3 weeks on 1 week off. 12 hour on call at the airport, 12 hours off. If you do fly, they sell you one way and wait for another flight to be sold back (even if it goes into your week off if I'm not mistaken) which they usually get you back with in a day or two.

The pay is a little better because you get more OT (flying beyond 12 or on days off) and you get reimbursed for things the rest of us schlubs don't get (but are standard at other companies).

Thanks guys....I live a half hour away from CVG....would I have to sit at the airport or can I hang at home?....what's the call out period?....one other thing....with my time (which is almost 2400 TT), would I have a chance of being hired directly into a base like CVG?

Thanks guys....I live a half hour away from CVG....would I have to sit at the airport or can I hang at home?....what's the call out period?....one other thing....with my time (which is almost 2400 TT), would I have a chance of being hired directly into a base like CVG?

You have to sit at the airport for all 12 hours (unless you are sent to Bedford for two weeks I forgot to include that in my last reply).

You'd have a better than fair chance if you have any turbine time.

Why did AMF lose all that DHL work when they consolidated to the ILN hub?

How many Metros are in CVG?

How many nights might you on average spend at home (during your 3 weeks on) if you are CVG Metro?

Any talk on improving that 3 on/1 off crap? That takes a toll...

Latest resources

Back