• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMF Pay Raise

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
That is not how the memo reads. The memo specifically states that you are not eligible for a bonus if you are under a training contract unless you sign on for two years than you can get a 5% signing bonus.

I don't have a copy of EM's letter handy, but every reference I can find in both the matrix and the FAQ sheet to the 5% signing bonus has to do with a first year type rated captain (emphasis mine.) There is no first year bonus for BE99 captains or E120 FOs. So this signing bonus only applies to pilots who get type ratings during their first year with the company. (Like you and I were.)

Yeah, Merlin is DESPERATE for metro drivers in TJBQ. I'm told that their minimum paycheque is at least our garuanteed rate (given their pay structure, flight time and overtime). PM if you want a few more details that I have.

that 818 number to hear about ameriflight employment doesn't work. anyone have a good number for calling the hiring department?

thanks

I'm sure E.M. is gonna be thrilled at getting emails from everyone on FI who wants a job at AMF...

The recruiting dept. is there for a reason. A phone call to them is more appropriate.

I'm sure E.M. is gonna be thrilled at getting emails from everyone on FI who wants a job at AMF...

The recruiting dept. is there for a reason. A phone call to them is more appropriate.

E-mail=lazzy in the minds of a recruiter. I believe they are still using Pilot.StaffCV.com for their applications. Start here:

http://www.ameriflight.com/Employment/employment.asp

Once you fill that out, wait 3 days and call the 800 number above. Tell them you filled out the form online and you would like to talk to them about any opprotunities they may have. Remember, you aren't looking for a job. Any monkey can do a job. All recruiters are looking for career minded proffesionals.

Well, any how, that's it for pre-interview 101 :) .

Oh...btw....if you live near an AMF base, take your resume out there, find a pilot that looks poor (they'll be wearking an AMF uni...hehehe) and ask them to walk in your stuff. They get money if you make it in!

Hope things get better for AMF

Personally, I never expected to see a raise. I figured all of us who have type ratings would be passed up and that's exactly what happened.

I like the excuse for the low E120 FO pay: "They are able to be hired with 500 hours". Yeah? What about the FO we just got who is already a qualified 99 captain? He may have been grandfathered in on the old pay rate, but by making less than he would if he stayed on the 99 that's a pay cut none the less.

I am sorry to hear that for you guys. Its interesting they are saying they would hire 500 hour guys for the EMB-120 F/O. The recruiter gave 2 of my friends thier resumes back at a job fair when they asked about the 120 F/O positions. She told them call us when you have atleast 1200 and one of them had 1100 with 300 hours in a CASA 212. Hope things get better for you guys. If not, I see Freight Runners is starting BE99 Capts off at 45K a year now.

Its interesting they are saying they would hire 500 hour guys for the EMB-120 F/O. The recruiter gave 2 of my friends thier resumes back at a job fair when they asked about the 120 F/O positions. She told them call us when you have atleast 1200 and one of them had 1100 with 300 hours in a CASA 212.

Well, you have to remember, there are only 7 Bros in the fleet. So if you figure an FO stays for a year, there is only one opening every other indoc class. And that is if no body internal takes it (though this will probably be less likely now.)

Outstations are great opportunities, but the schedules in most cases (including this one) are far from sweet. They are actually pretty rough and wearing over time....especially if you don't actually live full-time in your outstation town.

I'm not familiar with outstation bases, can someone elabrorate? What would a typical schedule be like? Anybody live in PHX and work at an outstation? Thanks

Latest resources

Back