• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMF BIL base to close

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
If any of you AMF guys want to fly a 99 in Wisconsin for 45K a year send me a PM.

NTSB Identification: SEA08FA062
Nonscheduled 14 CFR Part 135: Air Taxi & Commuter
Accident occurred Monday, January 14, 2008 in Lihue, HI
Aircraft: Beech 1900C, registration: N410UB
Injuries: 1 Fatal.
This is preliminary information, subject to change, and may contain errors. Any errors in this report will be corrected when the final report has been completed.
On January 14, 2008, at 0508 Hawaiian standard time, N410UB, a Beech 1900C, was lost from radar over the ocean about 7 miles south of the Lihue Airport, Lihue, Hawaii, located on the island of Kauai. Alpine Aviation Inc., doing business as Alpine Air, was operating the airplane as an on-demand cargo flight under the provisions of 14 CFR Part 135. The airline transport pilot was killed, and the airplane was destroyed. Night visual meteorological conditions prevailed, and an instrument flight rules flight plan had been filed. The flight departed Honolulu International Airport, Honolulu, Hawaii, on the island of Oahu, at 0443, and was destined for Lihue.

According to the operator, the pilot was making his first flight after coming off of a two day scheduled rest period. The purpose of the flight was to transfer mail to Lihue, and then the pilot was to return to Honolulu later the same day. The flight was scheduled to arrive at Lihue about 0515.

The Coast Guard indicated that debris from the airplane was initially identified floating on the ocean surface at 0848, approximately 11 miles south-southwest of the airport. The water depths in the search area were up to 800 fathoms (4,800 feet). Additional debris was identified and collected and then transported to the Coast Guard station at Lihue. The Coast Guard discontinued the search on the afternoon of January 15.

An Airport Duty Operations Controller was conducting an airport inspection while the accident airplane was approaching the airport. He recalled that he heard a pilot who identified himself as Alpine Air state that he was, "...landing 35 and 7 miles out." Airport personnel reported that the runway lights, medium intensity approach lighting system with runway alignment indicator lights (MALSR), and precision approach path indicator (PAPI) lights for runway 35, were recorded as functional at the time of the accident.

The following weather conditions were reported at Lihue Airport at 0453: wind from 030 at 23 knots with gusts to 27 knots, 10 miles visibility, cloud layers scattered at 4,100 feet and overcast at 5,500 feet, temperature 20 degrees Celsius, dew point 13 degrees Celsius, and the altimeter setting was 30.13 inches of Mercury.

Nothing Going On ...

SG's been talking with his new employer for years. This is the first time they've hired a new advanced GStream guy since NH. It's got nothing to do with AMF. Just coincidental timing.

TransMach

SG's been talking with his new employer for years. This is the first time they've hired a new advanced GStream guy since NH. It's got nothing to do with AMF. Just coincidental timing.

TransMach
Doesn't happen to be working for your company is he? Best of luck to him on his new opportunity, wherever that may be.

Might not be a bad idea. Also loosing our fantastic VP and the Director of Training. Somethings going on.

If you were here when the VP first arrived, he was only planning to stay about 2 years. And 2 years was up in December. This day has been coming since he day one. We just have all been hoping (wishing?) that it wouldn't.

And Transmach's description of SG's situation is dead on.

Best of luck to both of them.

I'm sure both guys are moving on to better opportunities, isn't that the reason most people leave AMF? To say that they're "ditching a sinking ship" I don't buy into it. It's a time of opportunity for everyone, good luck to both of them.

From my perspective, EM has made a big difference to make life better at AMF in the last couple years.

"From my perspective, EM has made a big difference to make life better at AMF in the last couple years.
"

That is an understatement. The impact of EM at AMF has been huge and his going will be felt by all of us at one point. Has anybody heard for sure where he is going? I have heard he and his wife are staying in SoCal.

If you were here when the VP first arrived, he was only planning to stay about 2 years. And 2 years was up in December. This day has been coming since he day one. We just have all been hoping (wishing?) that it wouldn't.

OK, but he has told almost everyone he will be here at least through November 2008 and probably longer. I never heard the 2 year thing from anyone. When our indoc class asked him if he was going to go back to US Airways he said most likely not and that he did not have to cross that bridge until then anyway.

I guess it does not matter one way or another. I hope they find someone like him.

OK, but he has told almost everyone he will be here at least through November 2008 and probably longer. I never heard the 2 year thing from anyone. When our indoc class asked him if he was going to go back to US Airways he said most likely not and that he did not have to cross that bridge until then anyway.

I guess it does not matter one way or another. I hope they find someone like him.

:laugh:

Latest resources

Back