AMF BIL base to close

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

time builder

Just heard the news this morning, this stinks.

BIL is one of our top performing bases, I'm very dissappointed in UPS for making this decision to go with another company to try to save a few bucks.

Best wishes to all affected.

That's odd. AMF has had a major presence there for a long time and enjoyed a good relationship with UPS. Any info on what the plans are for the pilots that are going to be displaced? Any bases growing?

I just heard it, too. Lost everything to Alpine Air. I love how the Alpine website shows Ameriflight 1900's photoshopped with an Alpine N#. Lame.

They already show a lot of Beech 1900 and 99 flights operating at night out of BIL. Are those mail flights? I could see problems with their UPS service if they are doubling UPS and mail on the same aircraft. Hope they have spares...

I just heard it, too. Lost everything to Alpine Air. I love how the Alpine website shows Ameriflight 1900's photoshopped with an Alpine N#. Lame.

They already show a lot of Beech 1900 and 99 flights operating at night out of BIL. Are those mail flights? I could see problems with their UPS service if they are doubling UPS and mail on the same aircraft. Hope they have spares...

Alpine!? That just raises even more questions.

one of the affected

For the most part the pilots planning to stay with AMF can pretty much choose where they want to go, with certain restraints (not everyone can go to Seattle, etc.) A lot of us who are outstationed have planted roots in the local area, houses under construction/renovation, its not that easy to pick up and move in 2 months, and probably will be leaving the company. With Big Sky Airlines closing as well the Billings area is going to have a glutton of pilots looking for jobs.

that's a damn shame. i flew into billings a few times last month on the way to cyeg and it was always a nice view.

I give UPS 6 months to a year before they are begging AMF to get planes back into billings.
Don't hold your breath, a couple of years ago, after 15yrs of good service serving UPS out of BFI, we lost two runs to Alpine.

Despite the inferior service UPS has experienced with his operator AMF has not been able to get those runs back.

It appears to me that UPS will tolerate a degree of inferior service as long as they save money overall, I would not be surprised if this trend of chipping away of the AMF empire continues.

Latest resources

Back