• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AMF BIL base to close

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is called nothing personal, its just business, get used to it.

The BIL base is also from what I understand a base where there isn't a lot of movement. People are happy, enjoy living there and have stayed, not the normal AMF get my time and leave ASAP type of people. In that regard it couldn't have happnened to a worse place.

Don't hold your breath, a couple of years ago, after 15yrs of good service serving UPS out of BFI, we lost two runs to Alpine.

Despite the inferior service UPS has experienced with his operator AMF has not been able to get those runs back.
quote]

From what I understand, the BFI base is there to backup those two runs when a plane breaks/pilot gets sick.
I just wouldn't be surprised if it was a repeat of Alpine's performance in Hawaii.
No, it's not anything personal, it is just rough to see a great group of guys get their lives disrupted by a UPS mistake.

Amf/ups

Thought about it ...

I'm just not suprised ... not at all.

New UPS guy, Alpine is stronger today. AMF is expensive, the new UPS guys does his job by reducing costs. He's the hero ...

It'll happen now in other hubs if Alpine has any success. If they don't, it won't even be a blip on the UPS radar.

It's sad, but it's "Juz bizness" ... to quote JWH.

TransMach

Last edited:
WOW...well you can't spell StUPid with out the UPS.

The people/managers at UPS don't even like their jobs. You think they care who fills the small feeder routes. This is what you call running an operation with excel. As long as the price goes down on the service who cares if the freight makes ontime service 99% of the time or 70%. They aren't concernd with the customers who have boxes in their system but rather the stock holders.

If I were an upper management at Ameriflight I would be working on the fastest way to utilize my airplanes in another area of the freight stadium and dump UPS right on their can.

WOW...well you can't spell StUPid with out the UPS.

If I were an upper management at Ameriflight I would be working on the fastest way to utilize my airplanes in another area of the freight stadium and dump UPS right on their can.

Iv'e been saying that for years!

AMF would be wise to try and diversify its customer base to the best extent possible to protect itself. I've heard over the years by AMF management how we are valued by UPS for the service we provide them-nothing is further from the truth!

The concept of UPS loyalty to us is illusory, we are just 30 days away from being replaced, as evidenced by the BIL closure, the loss of S98 and ALW runs out of BFI, the recent loss of a DHL PDX-RDM-looks like a trend is happening.

In regards to UPS it's just a numbers game. Good service is an intangible to UPS bean counters compared to hard numbers!

AMF would be wise to try and diversify its customer base to the best extent possible to protect itself. I've heard over the years by AMF management how we are valued by UPS for the service we provide them-nothing is further from the truth!

The concept of UPS loyalty to us is illusory, we are just 30 days away from being replaced, as evidenced by the BIL closure, the loss of S98 and ALW runs out of BFI, the recent loss of a DHL PDX-RDM-looks like a trend is happening.

I definitely agree.

PHX lost 2 DHL runs (PHX-HII & PHX-FLG) to Airnet about 2 months ago simply because they could do it cheaper.

That's sad. I was just pointing out an AMF 1900 to my captain in Bozeman the other day. UPS...what a bunch of numbnuts.

One of my best UPS memories involves the Evergreen crew in SAT walking off the ramp at 7am on a late UPS day. Every blessed one of them. Nothing like watching UPS manager in heels and skirts tossing boxes in my Metro.

Latest resources

Back