Ameristar to buy 747's

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
VSI9k+ said:
Ameristar is buying Polar's grounded fleet of 74's...anyone typed in a 74 may want to be typed.

Dude you are smoking crack. One TW doesn't have the money. Two, he has a couple of the 73's parked because he can't get enough business for them to afford to keep them flying or perform the engine AD. Three, I know the FSDO would be hard pressed to add another aircraft onto his certificate. It was very hard just to uo the number of total aircraft allowed on the 121 cert. So please, put down the crack pipe and check yourself into Betty Ford!

VSI9k+ said:
Perhaps you are the one smoking crack...to take this thread in a serious manner????

OK! You got me! You suckered me in good!

Not to chime in, oh hell might as well, AMC requires that you have operated similiar aircraft for the preceeding 12 months in similar regions and operations (part 861). Dont believe that AJI's B-50 includes any of the areas mentioned, nor have they operated like kind equipment, thus no contract with AMC.

Are you sure they're not buying seven 47s (C-47s that is)?

leardawg said:
Are you sure they're not buying seven 47s (C-47s that is)?

Now that would make a heck of a lot more sense!!! Finally a miniscule pinpoint of logic in this thread!!!

Thank you ever so much...

First let me say this, I am logged in on a friends acct. I wanted to check out this site for some info. and possibly join. I know many people who currenlty fly at Ameristar and used to work there myself. Believe me when I say those pilots can count how many HOURS to the end of their contracts. Pay increases at ameristar dont exist despite showing profits. For the years I was there I never recieved a pay increase. If you dont want to fly for peanuts, they can find another monkey who will. If the flight followers arent trying to kill you, they're trying to bend you over to cover thier own mistakes. (ie dispatching a falcon that had been grounded by the FAA) For a pilot who is new to 135 this can be bad if you dont know when to say NO as far as WX and MX is concerned. Dont expect pilots who currently work there to go on the record and confirm any of this, they know they would be fired in an instant. The 121 side is better when business allows, but unfortunately use the same flight followers. If they are buying 74's, then why are all their 73 guys back on the 135 side or flying in the 9,s?? There is only one thing that you can count on at amerisar, if you are planning on going there bring lube.

-an ameristar survivor

PA31Ho said:
First let me say this, I am logged in on a friends acct. I wanted to check out this site for some info. and possibly join. I know many people who currenlty fly at Ameristar and used to work there myself. Believe me when I say those pilots can count how many HOURS to the end of their contracts. Pay increases at ameristar dont exist despite showing profits. For the years I was there I never recieved a pay increase. If you dont want to fly for peanuts, they can find another monkey who will. If the flight followers arent trying to kill you, they're trying to bend you over to cover thier own mistakes. (ie dispatching a falcon that had been grounded by the FAA) For a pilot who is new to 135 this can be bad if you dont know when to say NO as far as WX and MX is concerned. Dont expect pilots who currently work there to go on the record and confirm any of this, they know they would be fired in an instant. The 121 side is better when business allows, but unfortunately use the same flight followers. If they are buying 74's, then why are all their 73 guys back on the 135 side or flying in the 9,s?? There is only one thing that you can count on at amerisar, if you are planning on going there bring lube.

-an ameristar survivor

Hands down..that is the truth!!!

May I ask where you got your information from. I can't find any statements by Ameristar, Atlas, or Polar on the sale.

Latest resources

Back