Amerijet Scabs/Jumpseat Heads Up

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

C-150ETOPS

Amerijet is on strike. They're based out of South Florida and although at this time they probably have fewer than 10 SCABS, they still might try to jumpseat in and out of South Florida.

Be aware and check the paperwork.

Give it up. The day ALPA let the CAL scabs back in the union, I stopped caring about who has scabbed and who has not. Evidently it doesn't really matter.

I guess in Micheal's world 2 wrongs (scabbing and mike letting a scab on his jumpseat) equal a right

You disgust me tool!

I guess in Micheal's world 2 wrongs (scabbing and mike letting a scab on his jumpseat) equal a right!

Where was your indignation when ALPA let the scabs back in the union? Plus I can't tell you how many times people have said on this forum that the jumpseat should not be used as a weapon? Which is it folks? Are we against scabs or are we not? Do we deny jumpseats or don't we?

I think the scabs should have never been allowed back in the union, and I also think it's perfectly acceptable to deny the jumpseat for any number of reasons.

Tell me, should I check every CAL or Airtran pilot before I let them on the jumpseat? Cause if you answer no you are a hypocrit.

Where was your indignation when ALPA let the scabs back in the union? Plus I can't tell you how many times people have said on this forum that the jumpseat should not be used as a weapon? Which is it folks? Are we against scabs or are we not? Do we deny jumpseats or don't we?

I think the scabs should have never been allowed back in the union, and I also think it's perfectly acceptable to deny the jumpseat for any number of reasons.

Tell me, should I check every CAL or Airtran pilot before I let them on the jumpseat? Cause if you answer no you are a hypocrit.

Amen. This website censors scab talk like it is wrong. Like it is against what we stand for as a laborer. Striking and scabbing are part of the RLA and a very likely and possible part of being an airline pilot

Here is FI.com's policy on SCAB's:

NO SCAB LISTS or links to scab lists may be placed on these forums. No calling a member/non-member a scab. Violators will be permanently banned at first offense if or when the Websitemaster/moderators feel deemed.

Furthermore, why are we sensitive to scab's feelings? Why aren't we clicking our clickers, turning our backs at them when they walk by, not talking to them, and treating them like the job destroyers they really have proven themselves to be?

Why do we have a national union president who is not promoting the strike tool as a weapon of labor to be used for labors benefit?

Last edited:
I can't tell you how many times people have said on this forum that the jumpseat should not be used as a weapon? Which is it folks? Are we against scabs or are we not? Do we deny jumpseats or don't we?

It can get out of hand easily. I will not deny a jumpseat vindictively, as some of the "haters," particularly on the regional side of things, so often threaten. These are also the ones who define "scab" as any pilot I don't like today. I will not deny a jumpseat to my worst enemy.

In the case of Amerijet, no Amerijet ID will be allowed on my airplane for the duration of the strike. This is not vindictive. It is practical. Anyone trying to ride on an Amerijet ID is either on their way to or from crossing a picket line; is a scab in the strict and correct definition of the term. I will do everything in my power to prevent the picket line from being crossed.

Are we against scabs or are we not? Do we deny jumpseats or don't we?

We are, and we shall.

Tell me, should I check every CAL or Airtran pilot before I let them on the jumpseat? 'Cause if you answer no you are a hypocrite.

I don't think that holds much water from a practical standpoint. I strongly doubt (could be wrong) that those who crossed don't live in base, if for no other reason than seniority and SA. I'd feel a little stupid rifling through my flight case to check the name of someone in their 30s.

Just me, though.

lucky-

I'll give FI.com the benefit of the doubt given the lawsuit happy society we live in today. If Scab names get posted here, FI runs the real risk of getting sued by a decrepit individual or group that already have proven themselves to be opportunistic scum. At a minimum, they could spend some real coin responding to dirtbag attorney's hired by dirtbag clients.

Informing the group to be aware that Scabs may be trying to jumpseat is just info.

Look, I am not advocating giving a scab a ride to work. I would not and will not. I am playing devils advocate because ALPAs decision to allow scabs back in the union disgusts me more than I could ever describe. ALPA has become a joke. This is just one of the reasons.

I does fascinate me how people rightfully get up in arms when someone crosses a picket line, yet pilots in general give ALPA a pass on condoning scabs.

Latest resources

Back