Ameriflight Interview SEA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some prerequisites for a BFI interview:

1. Fleece vest. Once you put it on never take it off. Ever.

2. Silver coffee thermos. Put some water in it if you don't drink Joe, but it should be attached to you like another limb.

3. Consider the benefits of a very full mustache. This helps for turbine upgrades, and is given priority over flight time. Prepare for SuperTrooperesque chastisement if you have trouble growing one.

4. Have a receipt for a Seattle cemetary plot in hand as no one leaves that base. Ever. Never ever. Never ever never ever.......

I'll try and think of a few others.

Uniform Attire

Freightflyer22

In terms of uniform attire, if hired skip the AMF baseball cap and substitute a flat cap, tweed or plain pattern-guaranteed more street cred,period!

You will be continuing a noble and dignified tradition.

haha. If the interview goes ok I will do my best to uphold these traditions. ;) However, I may have to find out what all this SuperTrooperesque chastisement is all about. Defininetly not able to grow a mustache! Can make up for that though with your prerequisite no. 2. I'm of the viewpoint that coffee should be added to the food triangle. It's a staple.

The banks runs out of BFI are pretty good, no layovers, they are on a late afternoon night schedule M-F. Base management at BFI is the best, very easy to work with.

Arguably the best base in the AMF domicile system.

I'd have to argue some of these points. I TDYed in BFI for 3 weeks and have to agree that BFI is the best AMF base I have been to. But the Chieftain runs out of there were not for me. I applied to transfer and was offered but 3 weeks of the runs was enough.

The runs, there were only 2 PA31 runs at BFI, are both overnight and have a layover in Portland. You do not have to be to work until around 4pm or later fly north pick up some stuff fly back to BFI, load some more stuff, then on to Portland. Unless things have changed you have to sleep in the base in PDX, get up at 3 am and fly back to BFI.

My view may have been skewed because I was Portland based and had an apartment in town but had no way to get there. It felt like having to be at work for 8 hours and not getting paid. I could see after adjusting your schedule it could be nice having days free in Seattle, but bring your earplugs for sleeping in Portland.

One last note, I forgot to mention study your weather. It may be asked on your test, but you will certainly be tested on your instrument skills on these runs.

When I was stationed there it was around Thanksgiving and the weather was solid IFR for weeks. I had taken off at 3 am and was not quite awake yet. Climbing out through around 10,000 feet I heard controller vectoring a "heavy" from the north. Just around then the clouds above me and to my left started to light up. The glow was getting brighter and I was expecting to have the heavy fill my cockpit window any second. I was about to query ATC about its proximity to me, when I popped through the top of the clouds and saw the moon for the first time in 2 weeks. I had forgotten what it looked like.

Absolutely

It depends...

pressurized air conditioned splendor....

ahhh, those were good times.

5.) Being well-versed in Monty Python and Top Gun wouldn't hurt when it comes time for Metro transition.

:)

I am well versed in monty pythons entire selection unfortunately as a Chieftain Pilot you may never meet the turbine pilots. In my 3 weeks I met only one who was on reserve. Your's and their schedules are night and day, literally.

ESF, what happened to the K2 logo. Making some big life changes. I guess you don't plan on skiing as much in CVG and just getting used to it.

Ah, but Citabriapilot said it best in another thread: "Rarely all at once." So true... :D

Well if the AMF poster child said it it must be true.

ESF, what happened to the K2 logo. Making some big life changes. I guess you don't plan on skiing as much in CVG and just getting used to it.

I didn't ski enough in SLC. Every time I looked at my avatar, and then over at my dusty K2's, I felt like a poser. Plus I just watched Animal House.

Latest resources

Back