• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight Interview SEA

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just wondering if anybody has interviewed at Amf in Seattle lately. I have an interview scheduled for next week. Just hoping to find out what to expect. I've been flying on the east coast for a year hauling freight, but am trying to get back out west. I did a search and I found some helpful insight but nothing too recent. Any info would be helpful. Thanks!

Best of luck in your endeavor. I enjoy the west myself. I live in Denver, work out of Memphis. Easy commute and Memphis just makes me that much happier that I live in Denver. ;)

If you've been flying freight back east, I'm sure you'll be a step ahead of others. Study hard, if it doesn't come up in the interview, it will in training.

Are you applying to work in Seattle? If so thats rare, Seattle is a very senior base and hard to get into, I tried a year ago as a new hire, but had the opportunity once I was at AMF 4 months, which was considered a rare opportunity.

No idea what to expect for the interview for that base but knowing AMF:

Study your Jep charts and IFR procedures

Know your FARs

Get on a simulator if you can do full procedures and missed approaches.

Good luck

Thank you! Yeah, I'm definitely studying my butt off... and will continue to. Am trying to find a sim to jump into. No luck with that yet. The company I'm with now will let an applicant purchase a half hour block in the sim to do some pre-interview prep and get used to the sim. Do you know if Ameriflight does this?

I've heard that from everyone, that Seattle is pretty hard to get into. But after I sent in my application the recruiter called. I talked to her for a while and she asked if I had a base preference. When I mentioned Seattle she gave me another gentleman's phone number to contact. It sounds like if all goes well with the interview, I could actually end up there to start. It'd be incredible.

So... back to the books i go.... : )

Thanks again for the input

The banks runs out of BFI are pretty good, no layovers, they are on a late afternoon night schedule M-F. Base management at BFI is the best, very easy to work with.

Arguably the best base in the AMF domicile system.

Latest resources

Back