• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight interest.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Still packing the car, I leave for a 1300 mile drive tommorow morning.

frmrBUFFdrvr said:
Every Lear FO I have heard of has already been flying as a PA31 or BE99 captain and got dual qualified. And while we have hired a couple of Brazilia FO's with less than 135 mins (as low as about 600 hrs), they have all been in our commercial FO program, so they already had a track record with us. Which isn't to say we wouldnt' hire someone off the street into the E120, but they probably need to be pretty close to 135 mins.

As for upgrade if you WERE hired, yes. As soon as you have the time, you could bid into a PA31 or even a BE99. (One of our FOs that came in with just over 1000 hours is going to a BE99 in SLC as soon as we can get his replacement trained.)

Of the 4 people who got EMB slots in the last year (that I know of) 3 were BE99 FOs, and one was a training captain. Sounds like there are more external opportunities for training captain, but I wouldn't underestimate the qualifications required despite the low mins.

Is Puerto Rico the only place they have Metro's? The ad on climbto350 said they were hiring straight into it. If there why not another base. Why does'nt anyone want to go to Puerto Rico?

We call them Metro's because many of them are. We fly the Metro IIIC and the Merlin IVC, and the Expediter version of both. They are all the same airplane with minute differences. The Merlin IVC was the corporate version of the Metro IIIC which was an early regional commuter aircraft. The Expediter is merely one of the above that came from the factory as a cargo aircraft, and has a slightly different bay arrangement.

52Vincent said:
Is Puerto Rico the only place they have Metro's? The ad on climbto350 said they were hiring straight into it. If there why not another base. Why does'nt anyone want to go to Puerto Rico?

No, we have Metros all over the place. I think we have about 50 of them now. About PR, flying long distances overwater in a twin turboprop, all over the Caribbean (and sometimes South America), in hellish heat, with no IFR, all day, 5 days a week, and living in San Juan isn't exactly everyone's bag. If you're into that kind of flying, and some guys are, please apply. We need pilots down there.

Yeah, its IFR...but no actual. It's the Caribbean... Blue above you and blue below you with some white puffy's scattered around. And a few big puffy's to keep things interesting.

Latest resources

Back