• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight interest.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Can you elaborate a little on the getting hired prior having 1200 TT? I have about 1050 as of today and 200 Multi. I would actually like PR or PHX where I am now. What is the pay like as a "training captain"? Or is it kind of one of those fly "free for time since your not worthy enough to get paid"?

Well, you aren't going to get hired into a Metro or 1900 in San Juan with 1200 hours. Just not gonna happen.

PHX? Well, you might get lucky, but they don't have many PA31 runs and its hard to get hired direct into there anymore. Expect PDX, OAK or BUR.

Training captains in Burbank make a minimum of 23K a year and I think they get time and a half when training, so no, they don't fly for free.

Tc

fly for free?.... ouch. I don't think I'd be able to work for this company if they pulled stunts like that.

Do you need to know someone to get a call? I've been keeping my online app updated and email resuemes every couple of months and still no bite. I would like to slide into a turbine (1900/SA227) Capt slot but made sure I wrote any plane or base.

Call Jerry Clark in Pilot Recruiting!!!! 1-800-800-4538. It's a surefire way to get some attention.

I am also interested in AMF and don't mind being based in PR either or any other base for that matter. I'm not tied to anything. The only limiting factor would be cost of living as far as a studio appartment is concerned. If that is affordable on the salary you get, I'm flexible.

Anyway, I'm a higher TT time guy with 2560 TT, 322 ME and an ATPL with AMEL rating, CFI, CFII, etc. Haven't had a current flying job in about 2 yrs though but did get my ATPL certificate out of the way as of last month and also did a BFR and ICC.

What are my possibilities with AMF realistically?

I cannot speak for the company but your chances should be good. If you haven't gotten a call maybe they are worried about your currency. Guys that aren't current can struggle due to the high workload. Call them. Best way forward.

He's been there for a couple of years now.

Latest resources

Back