Ameriflight hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

airpilot

I have been trying to get on with Ameriflight since about may. Anyone know if they are still hiring at all?!? I noticed that their web site says no hiring, but after reading through some posts, I see that many people have been getting calls recently. What's the story? Should I just send a resume by mail? If so, where?

To the best of my knowledge, Ameriflight is not currently hiring. They interviewed 7-8 people in Phoenix last month for one open position. They hired 2-3 people and put them in a hiring pool.

I would encourage you to keep applying as there most likely will be openings in the future. Go to www.ameriflight.com for a fax number and or address where to send your resume to by mail.
They also have an online resume you can fill out and update.

Sorry, but they are not hiring pilots for the time being, they are overstaffed. Keep trying because things change often. It's a great place to build some real good genuine pic turbine time.

Good luck

They are going to put a pool together so do apply but they are staffed on pilots. just remember this type of aviation has full staff one day and several spots open up on the next.
the time is not just good turbine time but good time period. 135 single pilot will define your skills as a pilot and ameriflight will make sure of that.

Do sharp Ameriflight pilots go straight to the majors?
Seems like a good route right now seeing it could take forever to get PIC turbine at the commuters.

absolutely! I have seen a lot of our guys and gals that have gone to almost every major airline you can think of including Delta, and American. Even post 9/11, we've had people go on to Southwest, Alaska, and UPS. The key is PIC turbine. It really doesn't matter if it's 121, 91, or 135. We all shoot an ILS the same way. The key however is to stay very sharp on all aspects of aviation with regards to FAR, IFR, and other book stuff.

I have been told by a few major airline captains that they would rather see somebody that has flown a big turboprop all over the country in all weather in a single pilot environment. Believe me, having flown the metro single pilot all over the country keeps you very sharp...you will contribute a lot to a major airline's cockpit.

Additionally, you never have to worry about layoffs! you will always have work until your dream airline calls you.

Good luck

I have 2 questions regarding Ameriflight, for anyone who currently works there or has info that answer them:

1. Any idea what the current upgrade time is to fly the Turbine aircraft? I've heard 1.5yrs and was just curious if that was true.
I know it was much shorter before 9/11.

2. How many hours a month do pilots flying the turbine equipment average?

Thanks in advance for your response(s). I'm in the newhire pool at Amflight and was curious what things might look when upgrading into the Turbine equipment, whenever that is. :cool:

SW4guy and GROVER, those were very motivating responses.

I fly out of airports where you guys operate and much respect to pulling all that off solo. I don't know much but what you guys do seem way more gnarly than flying an RJ with nice avionics and a FO.

Ameriflight is actually my top choice right now being a low time guy. I got a good friend who seems set that he can get me an interview. Any tips on how to get prepared would be nice. He said his interview was like an ATP oral.

Hey AZaviator, please tell me how to get ready for the interview or any info on your background or experience.
thanks!

Upgrades into the turbine equipment totally depends on the market. Pre 9/11, within a year you would be driving a turboprop, and if you were willing to move around...much sooner. I have seen as little as 5 months. I was hired in late 1998 and I moved to the turbines within six months. Of course, now is a different story. If you are willing to move around the west coast, I would say a year. But if you want to stay in Burbank or Oakland, more like 12-18 months. Any previous turbine time will also help.

On average, our pilots fly 70-80 hrs a month. You will be working 4-5 days a week, but you will be home everyday. With some seniority, you will have a better schedule. In my case, I work only 3 days, on those three days I am only gone 10 hrs away from home. I fly 5 quick legs with no layover. And at this point, I will only consider the airline of my choice....whenever that happens.

good luck

Latest resources

Back