• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight hiring?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
SW4guy, and everyone else, thanks for the info on the turboprops. I do have another question. What are some of the other turboprop bases on the west coast other than PHX, OAK, BUR? I've heard Billings, MT is one, but where else??

Thanks again:cool:

all bases are turbine equiped. BUR,OAK,PDX,SEA,SLC,BIL,DFW,CVG,PHX,ONT.

hang in there, payoff will be very sweet. please ask more questions if you have more. We all need to help each other as much as possible.

Take care

Ameriflight schedule?

Just curious what the average day is like for an Ameriflight pilot...... fly all night.... mornings...afternoons... I'm currently hauling freight all over Alaska..... on the night shift... (new-hire).... but I grew up in Northern California (Auburn)... I'd love to be able to work on the West Coast again!

Do you have to start in the Lance for a while... or does it all depend on your time/exp....

salary/hourly....... good routes...bad routes....

I'm interested in any info available! Thanks

(where are the Junior Bases?...... do you have any choice?)

Have a great day!

:)

Alaska?

500and2,

Just curious who it is you work for in Alaska? I have been looking for a job up there, but no success so far. I would like to find somewhere in alaska that I could fly twins, but it doesn't sound like any of them are hiring at the moment. Any thoughts?

We really don't have junior or senior bases like the airlines. Each base has it's base seniority and it usually consist of pilots living in that particular location. The last guy hired for that base will be the most junior. Your schedule will be based on your base seniority and will reflect which route you can hold.

A typical day varies. We fly around the clock, night hauling makes up approx 70% of total company flights. The light airplanes will typically have a day sched...I.E. leaving BUR @ 0700 and arriving SAN or BFL @0800, spend all day at the company layover ( car Included) you can jog, sleep, surf, complete your degree...... and the return home @ 1900. Heavier equipment will usually fly at night with certain exceptions and will usually fly multiple legs with little or no layover. It's a lot of fun!

Pay is as follows....

Lance: $ 1750/ month

Navajo: $ 1900

BE-99: $ 2400

SA-227: $ 3000

EMB-120 $ 3750

LR-35 $ 4000

per diem is 35.00 a day when you're away for at least 24 hours from your base.

Plus there is an annual turbine bonus, approx $ 2500-3000.

and last but not least, you will always have a paycheck that will clear the bank.

Good luck to all

Another question for SW4guy. Is the Lear the most senior aircraft in the company? Any idea how long its taking people to upgrade as a Lear FO at Amflight? Is Burbank the only pilot base for the Lears?

Thanks in advance for any info :cool:

Hey Groover, thanks for the info. Just curious, where did you fly at after your days at Ameriflight? Did you go directly to SWA or did you fly somewhere in between?

Thanks again for the response.

But still why after 250 as captain in an AMF turboprop would you switch seats? Yep, still a joke. PIC turbine = PIC turbine.

Yea, I totally agree. I figured if anything, getting into the Lears would be quicker than the turboprops, for the fact its not PIC turbine time. I mean, what's the advantage of getting turbine SIC when you could get the PIC?? :cool:

Alaska Flying

-first... thankyou for answering my questions SW4guy... I'll be in touch!

Hey Airpilot and anyone that's interested...

I'm flying for Alaska Central Express (little "ACE") (They have 1900's and 207's in the Bush)

-I flew for LAB in Juneau for a year... which gave me ~900 Alaska time in a PA-32...... I had 1500tt and only ~100 multi when I interviewed with ACE..... Their requirements were 1000tt 250multi...100alaska...... Soooooo...... it pays to go talk to the Chief Pilot in Person... (if possible).. and BE ENTHUSIASTIC ABOUT WORKING FOR THEM!!!.......

-I think most carriers up here still require some alaska time... (usually 100hrs or so).... but that shouldn't prevent you from making contact.....

-I know Pennair just hired 8 guys to fly the Caravan right seat.... (weird upgrade schedule... something like F/O 208..then F/O Metro...then Captain Cherokee....then Captain Metro????)

-Anywho..... If you can deal with COLD wx... then I'd look at "Cape Smythe" in Barrow (B99, PA1040)..... or "Bering Air" (208's, PA-31's)......

Email me if you want more info!...

Take Care......

Alaska time

500and2,

Thanks for the info on Alaska flying. I have sent resumes to all those you listed, but no reply yet. I'll have to try contacting some of them again to see if they are still hiring or not. Any suggestions on the best starting point?

Latest resources

Back