Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Howdy!

Airpilot: greetings!

-my flight got cancelled tonight! - in the process of "delicately" loading the cargo... a paint can spilled all over the inside of the plane..... sooooo..... with all the panels off the inside of the plane... we were kindly sent home for the night!! =SUPER!!
soooo... I'm staying up late... to keep my "sleep cycle" the same!.....

-anywho..... I would call each operation that you're interested in... and ask to talk to the chief pilot.....(usually they do all the hiring..).... -Make sure they have your "current" resume faxed to them..... so that they can look at something with your name on it when you call.... (asking to talk to the pilots isn't bad either... they usually have the latest scoop on Hiring... you can also ask them any questions you have about the company so that you don't sound like a moron when you talk to the Chief Pilot!... usually they're more than happy to help out if they can!)

-You want them to know that you're ready to come up to Alaska and work for them.... so research the company.... and be persistant! ASK THEM... "WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO WORK FOR YOU"!

-Usually there are some min. requirements that 135 carriers are looking for... but looking at your qual's... I think you would meet all of them.....

-The chief pilot will be able to tell you if you need more time/experience...etc..etc... and if/when they will be hiring....
at the end of the summer season.... most carriers will lose some pilots.... so now's the time to start making calls to the Chief Pilots..... even if they're not hiring immediately.... you can assure that they'll remember you when they DO start hiring.... BE POSITIVE... and always thank them for their time.

-Keep at it.... (you've probably heard this before.. but in this industry.. it's either Feast or Famine.... you'll have No "bites" one month... then Everyone will want to interview you the next month...) be patient... (what are credit cards for anyways!!)

Have a good one!

-this is a great site..... I'm happy to help out in any way I can....

where are you from Airpilot?.....

To anyone who can answer, I just wanted to know if Ameriflight pays per diem for the trips that require their pilots to remain in a city all day before returning in the evening.

Thanks!

Per Diem

You have to be gone from your home base for at least 24 hours. 23 hours, and three meals later get's you squat. Per Diem is $35.00 a day, 17.50 half day; after the first 24 hours.

Ameriflight will pay per diem at the flat rate of $ 35.00 per day only when you spend a minimum of 24 hrs away from your base.

Looking for address..

Hello all, from where I am, I cannot get that website for Ameriflight to work. Can someone please me that address to send a resume? Emai and or snail mail please.
thanks,
J

Thank you,
j

Or send your resume to Jerry Clark, CP.

By the way I am looking for the guy. His name is Peter Basset, one of Ameriflight Metro Capt. based on CVG.

If someone know about him please send me PM.

Thanks in advance.

There is no per diem if your duty(drive in and drive out your car to/from your base) ends within 24 hours.
If that exceeds 24 hours, you wil get $35, then each 12 hours
period, you get $17.50. But normaly they don't make you
to stay more than 24 hours from your Base(I geuess they want to save money ^^). Sometimes your plane is broke down in
some place or wx related..so you can't make it home, you get per diem. Amflight pilots don't fly much. But they spend lots of time away from home. Some runs you fly less than 2hrs/day.
But you still get 8 hours. I guess that convers per diem issue.
Amflight calls it "Unit pay" They don't pay by block time and per diem. Did I answer your question?

Latest resources

Back