• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight EMB 120 bases?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Dang, the last time I was in SLC I saw a new building being built up there, I was hoping it was AMFs. What is it? DHL?

How are the runs in Texas? Im thinking about bidding LBB. But who knows whens its going to be open, if ever.

In SLC they play this little game where they apparently expect you to guess the weight when the cans come out. Kind of like the, "guess how many pieces of candy are in the jar and win it" thing.
=:uzi:

My trick at PDX is to break out my own scale and a piece of paper, weigh each box, write down the weight and add up each bay. Its not that I am dragging my feet when doing it, but they still manage to find a scale by the second bay.

Not to change the subject but this thread, (I cant remember was this thread about why to bail to the regionals or how UPS has 4 letters in it) but Seattle is getting some BROs. I doubt they will be hiring off the street, as people up there have 2 years seniority and still fly PA31s. The F.O.s for them are around 2 year employees, from what I hear. The addition of BROs to BFI are making some room for movement down below though.

Not that regional pilots are idiots, but the job is so easy it doesn't help to build decision making.

DING DING DING.....Folks we have a winner for idiot FI poster of the year. He's obviously someone who has never been a captain at a regional.

I worked for a regional. I know exactly what the captains duties involve. I stand behind my statement and would put any 135 captain's decision making up against any 121 captains decision making any day.

KSU aviatrix
I have done both and will have to agree that yours is one of the stupidest statements I have read in a while. And that is saying something.

It may be physically more demanding, and 135 has its challenges, but I would say I now have to make a lot more decisions that lead to a successful flight than I did in my years at Amflight.

My trick at PDX is to break out my own scale and a piece of paper, weigh each box, write down the weight and add up each bay. Its not that I am dragging my feet when doing it, but they still manage to find a scale by the second bay.

Not to change the subject but this thread, (I cant remember was this thread about why to bail to the regionals or how UPS has 4 letters in it) but Seattle is getting some BROs. I doubt they will be hiring off the street, as people up there have 2 years seniority and still fly PA31s. The F.O.s for them are around 2 year employees, from what I hear. The addition of BROs to BFI are making some room for movement down below though.

This statement somewhat true. We are supposed to be getting at least one bro, but I'll believe it 100% when it lands here. Probably wont be until after peak.

Latest resources

Back