• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Ameriflight Caribbean Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is Ameriflight currently hiring into San Juan? I noticed they are posting alot of jobs lately and I am still interested. What domestic bases are they hiring into?

No San Juan at this time. Always looking for Burbank/Oakland/Portland. Two + needed in Billings. Another two in Salt Lake. Billings and Salt Lake are direct entry BE99

Does anyone know where Ameriflight bases their pilots in the Caribbean?
Is there any increase in pay to fly out of the Caribbean?
What planes do they have based here?
What kind of schedule can I expect?
Is most of the flying during the day or night?
Is it true that Ameriflight is CASS? I am planning on commuting from one of the smaller Virgin Islands.
Is Ameriflight considered scheduled or on demand?
How long is the training, and where is it done?
Are you paid and put up during training?

Thanks for all the info!

1. San Juan
2. No, but there should be
3. BE1900, SA227, BE99
4. 9-11AM show times and leaving the airport around 7-9PM
Most runs are 2-4 legs and the layovers are usually less than 3 hours
5. Day
6. Yes
7. On demand but they have scheduled routes out of San Juan
8. Mine was 5 weeks. One in Burbank for Basic Indoc and and four in Seattle for Metro training
9. Yes (but not much) and Yes

Snap out of it

Do we need a name for this? UPS (ugly prop syndrome) perhaps. Ameriflight is a good job. It'll never be a great job. Mostly because everyone (pilots and management) know it's a stepping stone, therefore no one really cares about improving things (pay, schedule, etc.) At the airlines being on the first page of the seniority list means you work when you want, holidays off, cushy schedule. At AMF all it means is you get paid more. You still have to work most holidays, or at least the days before and after so traveling is out of the question. There's no vacation during the holiday season, so unless you live close to family or they come to you don't plan on seeing them. Some bases have it better than others, but at the end of the day the lack of a contract/work rules means you're at the mercy of whatever management can get away with under Part 135; and if you're familiar with 135 you know that's a lot. Happy Holidays.

Latest resources

Back